Ch 11: Midsummers

I rolled over as someone banged on my door.

"What the hell do you want!" I yelled knowing who it was.

Kiara swung open my door.

"Convince mom not to make me go" she said.

"No" I said setting my head back down on my pillow.

"Please it's so hypocritical" she said.

"No" I repeated.

She huffed and walked out slamming my door shut. I jolted up at the sound then laid back. I grabbed my phone to see I had three text messages. One from Sarah, one from Topper and one from Rafe.

When are you coming over to get ready?

Sarah's wrote.

Sarah's been acting weird. I know you're going over there to get ready can you find anything out?

Topper's wrote.

Can't wait for tonight

Rafe's wrote.

I wrote back to all three quickly. I looked at the time realizing it was eleven am, nearly noon. I changed into sweatpants and a T-shirt going downstairs.

"When are you going over to the Cameron's?" My father asked.

"Soon" I said sitting on the couch.

"Kiara is throwing a fit not to go" he said.

"Oh I'm well aware" I said.

He chuckled looking back to his book. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before leaving.

"Bye!" I yelled.

I jogged to my car setting my phone in the cup holder along with my key fob. I drove over to the Cameron's blasting music. I parked walking through the doors.

"Oh hey Ward" I said.

"Liz! Sarah's upstairs in her room" he said.

"Hey Rose" I waved to the blonde next to him.

I knocked on Sarah's door walking in to her and Wheezie sitting on the bed.

"Hey Wheez" I said sitting beside her. "Where's Rafe?"

"Him and Topper are out" Sarah said.

"What's the deal with you and Top right now?" I asked.

"Umm" she said. "What's the deal with you and my brother?"

"I asked first" I smirked. "Wheez you wanna grab my phone from my car?"

Wheezie smiled as I handed her my keys.

"I went to Chapel Hill with John B" she said.

"Wait what? When?" I asked.

"The other day" she said. "I just feel a connection with him I've never felt with anyone else. I kissed him Liz."

"Sar you're going to have to tell Topper. I know it'll be hard but he deserves to know" I said.

"You're not going to tell him right?" She asked.

"I would never do that to you. It shouldn't be coming from me, it needs to come from you" I said.

"Now you're turn, what's going on with you and my brother? Though I'm not too upset about it" she said.

"I don't really know what to call it" I said.

"Do you like him?" She asked.

I thought about that question, of course I liked him but something inside me felt more.