Ch 30: Ship

I walked up the stairs as someone else did the same further up.

"Rafe?" I asked. "Must've been Wheezie."

I walked into the room as Rafe walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. My eyes wandered from his toned abs to his face. I looked away walking to the window.

"Stare all you want. We're married" he smirked placing a kiss on my head. "Have you packed?"

"Yes" I said looking at the suitcase on the bed. "It's not all my clothes."

"I'll buy you more don't worry" he said.

Wheezie walked in.

"Hey can you help me with my suitcase?" She asked.

"I'm not your slave Wheez. I'm busy okay" he said.

"I-I cant get it to close. Can you just help me?" She asked.

I looked at her confused. She looked nervous.

"Can you not do it yourself?" He asked.

"Rafe just help her" I said.

He slowly nodded rolling his eyes as he walked past Wheezie. I walked down the steps to the kitchen. I stepped backwards looking out the window as a light caught my eyes.

"What the hell?" I said.

I walked back to the kitchen pouring water into a cup leaning against the counter. I turned my head as someone ran out the door. I walked towards it as Rafe brushed past me. He came in moments later with Sarah in his arms.

"Liz! Liz! Help me please!" She yelled.

I stared as Rafe brought her down the stairs. I followed him watching him put her in the wine cellar.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I yelled.

"Rose told me we all need to go" he said.

I closed my eyes as she began throwing bottles of wine at the door.

"Rafe you asshole!" She yelled. "Let me out."

"I'm not letting you out Sarah" he said. "Not until you calm down."

"Fuck you!" She yelled.

Rose walked down shortly after confused.

"Rafe, Liz, what the hell is going on?" Rose asked. "Who is that?"

"You wanted Sarah right?" He asked.

"That's Sarah?" She asked walking towards the door.

I looked at the door as they talked.

"Go upstairs. Both of you" she said.

I followed Rafe up the stairs. He paced back and forth in the kitchen grabbing a drink.

"Should you really be drinking, now?" I asked.

He slammed his fist on the table causing me to jump. He looked up walking towards me.

"I-I didn't mean to scare you Lizzy" he said.

He put his hands on my stomach. I smiled watching him move his hands around.

"There's a baby in there" he said.

"Our baby" I said.

"Our baby" he repeated.

Rose walked up the stairs pulling out a tray and setting cups on it.

"I need the key" she said.

"What? Why?" Rafe asked.

"Just give me the key!" She snapped.

I grabbed the key from Rafe's pocket handing it to Rose. I watched as she crushed pills putting it in the tea pot. She took the tray and walked down the stairs.

"Come on, we need to bring the cross to the dock" he said.

He ran up the stairs grabbing my suit case putting it in the truck. I changed into sweatpants and a cropped top that clearly showed my baby bump. I walked down the stairs and he instantly smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"You just look beautiful" he said.

We walked out to the truck when Rose stopped us.

"Rafe!" She said. "I just talked to Sarah."

"And what? She said there's a dead body in the truck right?" He asked. "Yeah. That's Renfield."

Rose stood there staring at him not saying a word.

"I didn't do shit. I didn't do shit, okay?" He said. "Limbrey shot him. I took the truck and I left the old lady at the hangar all right. I got the cross for all of us, okay? I did okay. And I was just going to take care of it."

"Do what you have to do with the body. Get the cross to the wharf" she said.

Rafe smirked.

"I'm on it" he said walking out the door.

"Be careful" she said as I walked out after him.

He instantly started the truck driving off as I buckled in. He placed his hand on my stomach as he drove making small circles with his thumb. I turned my head to him.

"I'm giving up my parents, my sister, my life, for this. For you Rafe. Don't give me a reason to doubt that decision" I said.

"I'm going to give you the world and more" he said.

He began backing up getting out of the car.

"I'll be back" he said.

He unlocked the door hopping into the back. I heard him grunting as he threw Renfield's body to the ground. I slid over to the driver seat watching Rafe drag his body to the water. I slid back to the passenger seat leaning my head against the headrest closing my eyes. I opened them hearing footsteps vastly approaching. I looking in the mirror to see Pope and Rafe on the ground. Rafe got up with mud all over his sweater throwing Pope to the ground. I closed my eyes watching Rafe punch Pope repeatedly. Rafe began choking Pope when he hit his head back causing Rafe to let go. Pope was left in the mud as Rafe walked to the driver door looking around. He grabbed the gun.

"Please don't" I said.

He tightened his grip on the gun before setting it down. I looked in the mirror to see Pope was gone. He got into the truck driving off. I grabbed napkins from the glove department wiping the blood from his face.

A man stood near the gate flagging us in. I smiled at the man as we passed him. I got out of the truck as men helped Rafe get the cross out of the back.

"Get on board. I'll find you" he said kissing my cheek.

I nodded walking onto the large boat. I turned around to see the men staring at the cross as it was lifted onto the boat.

"Pain in the ass to get this" Rafe said.

The men laughed. I looked around before walking into the cabin. I walked into a room met with a familiar face.

"Hello Liz" he smiled.

I looked at him slightly nodding.