Chapter Twenty-Four

The ride was quiet and laid back. The children had long fallen asleep and the adults were trying to make the silence less awkward.

Jin made jokes and Jimin laughed. Yoongi played music and Hoseok sang along. Jungkook played a mobile game while Taehyung joined in by telling him what attacks he should use.

Namjoon read a book and Sera read her own. The two who always seemed to be at each other's necks when they were growing up, were also more alike than not.

"Sera," Namjoon wondered as they sat beside each other in the large van, aware that everyone was too engrossed in their own activities to mind their conversation.

"Yes Namjoon?" She wondered, never taking her eyes from the pages.

"What—What are you reading?" He asks, eyes still focused on his own reading material

"The loneliest girl in the universe by—"

"Lauren James... I didn't take you as the type." He joked

"What? A girl alone in space traveling until she finds someone basically in the same turmoil as she? It's every loner girls dream." She joked back

They shared a few small chuckles before they calmed down.

Sera fought within herself on whether she should bring up the conversation with Hoseok, Jin and Jimin.

She took a glance at their children and saw four of them huddled together closely while they napped and the other three also huddled with their fathers as they slept on their laps.

She then glanced at her former boyfriends. All into their own worlds.

"Namjoon," she began unintentionally

"Mm?"

"J—Jin said that—That night, when you all last saw me... you were coming to break up with me..."

Namjoon inwardly sighed, his eyes rolling at the insolence of his longtime friend.

"Did he?" Namjoon flips a page

"Why?" She asks

"Well... We had all received word that we were leaving... for different reasons of course. All relating to the fact that we were supposed to take over our parents businesses. We didn't want to break up but we all knew we couldn't handle long distance—"

"But we argued that night... due to a reason unrelated to all of that and—and you all left before—"

"We argued because we hated that we loved you with all of us and you wanted us to hide that. We understand now that you were promised to another but that wouldn't have mattered to us... we would've fought for you—"

"It would've been futile." Sera responded

"Futile but worth the try." Namjoon argued

"Really? You think so?"

"I don't like showing my emotions to people... you know that. You also know that when I love... I love hard... and I loved you, Sera. I loved you enough to scream it to the whole entire world... but you didn't want that... you wanted Ja-Won."

"I didn't want Ja-won... I was promised to him, respect the difference." Sera said getting a tad annoyed

"The Sera I knew was strong and would've fought."

"I was carrying seven children."

"What more a reason did you need to fight then, Sera?" He ask as he now placed his book in his lap, Sera had long ago closed her pages and they stared at each other.

"You weren't there Namjoon. I was weak and vulnerable after the way Jin, Hoseok and Jimin left me—"

"How did they leave you?" He asked

"Imagine already being vulnerable because you're afraid of the future and then being called a whore and a liar by the ones you love when you're telling them you're with child."

"Why'd you tell them and not me—"

"All we did was argue back then, Joon. Do you really think I'd have told you?" She asks

He chuckles, "I guess not."

"I apologize for not choosing the seven of you... I apologize for never coming back, I apologize for not fighting hard enough and I apologize for being too scared to go against my parents and love you all the way you should have been loved." She says

"And I apologize for not being the best I should've been to you. We were young and in love... what did we know?" Namjoon queries as he lifts his book and opens it to be read.

"Nothing... absolutely nothing." She says as she too reads her book again

***

"And we are here. Only took an hour but we made it." Jin says as he pulls into the driveway of the address given to him by Hoseok.

One by one everyone piles out the car. Taeyong walks hand and hand with Sula. Misa makes sure Zin and Hiro stay beside her. Loona grabs Ji-Han and pulls him slowly towards the front door.

A small cottage covered by forest. Surprised that the large van even made it this far, Sera's eyes widened at the scenery as she made her way to the trunk but, someone stopped her.

"Nope, go inside missy. The men will get the bags." Jungkook says

"What? I'm more than capable—"

"No one said you aren't, now go." Taehyung said sternly

"Fine, fine." She says as she travels over to her children.

She opens the door with the key she received from Hoseok and is again, shocked but now at the inside.

"How—"

"Crazy right? The illusion is created by the trees. Makes the house look smaller therefore less attention grabbing." Hoseok says shyly as he passes by her, "Found this and decided to buy it..."

"Why?" Sera asks as she notices the way he trails off

"Hoping one day you'd come back and need somewhere to call your own." He said softly and she tried her best to keep a straight face, but she was so appreciative of him.

"Thank you." She says

"As the mother of my child, no need to thank me." He replies as he heads out to grab more things.

The children all find their own things to do. Misa, Sula, and Loona went outside to find flowers. Hiro, Taeyong and Zin decided to be papas little helpers and aid their fathers. Ji-Han sat lonely on the couch, wrapped in a blanket.

As Sera was making her way to the child she felt a hand grab her wrist.

She turned to find the culprit.

"Taehyung?" She sighed out

"Can we talk?"
—————————————