Chapter 6

I awake with a crack of sunlight coming through the window shining on my face. It's about noon. I sit up and stretch and notice my lash has stopped bleeding. I hear someone coming upstairs. I quickly go back under my covers right when the the person comes through my door.

The person sits on my bed.

"Katniss." Haymitch says gently.

"Yes." I say pretending I was just asleep. "How's Peeta?"

"I think he's okay." Haymitch says.

"Has he woken up yet?" I say worriedly.

"No he hasn't. He'll be okay." Haymitch says as he leaves the room.

I swing my legs over to the side of the bed and sit for a bit. I eventually decide to get dressed and go downstairs to Peeta and get breakfast for Willow and Cinna.

Once I got downstairs Cinna and Willow come rushing up to me and we embrace and I kiss them both in their foreheads. After we break away and I tell Haymitch that he can go. But he stays anyways which I don't mind. It's nice to have a little help around the house.

I make Willow and Cinna some breakfast that consists of eggs and toast. I ask Haymitch if he wants some, but he said he already ate. After breakfast the kids ran outside to play because it's a beautiful morning. It's not too warm but not too cold either. It's one of those mornings where you want to spend every second outside in the cool breeze and morning sun.

I sit by Peeta across from the door where Willow and Cinna went out so I can keep and eye on both of them. I get up and make an other snow coat for Peeta and put it on his back. Peeta still hasn't woke up. I made it a habit to always check his pulse to make sure he's still breathing because I'm worried about him. But most of all it brings back memories of the Quarter Quell, when Peeta hit the force field and his heart stopped.

I decide he's going to be alright, so I go outside. I put on my hunting boots and walk outside to watch Willow and Cinna to make sure they don't get hurt. I walk outside and the warm sun hits my face I close my eyes and it feels like all my worries and problems have gone away.

Peeta comes up behind me so silently he startles me a little when he hugs me from behind. I turn my head and look into his eyes and smile. We are rocking side to side with me in his arms the whole time we are watching the kids.

After a bit Willow and Cinna run inside. Before Peeta and I follow them inside Peeta plants and kiss on my cheek.

•sorry if this is short. Thanks for reading I appreciate it! Please leave comments on what I could improve on•