Chapter 11

~Few days later~

I wake up in Peeta's arms with sunlight trickling in through the gaps in the curtains.

"Morning Katniss." he says kissing me on the check.

"Morning." I say turning over to face him, smiling.

"I have an idea for tonight." Peeta mentions.

"What is it?"

"I was thinking of taking you out on a romantic date and we could bring Willow and Cinna over to Haymitch's and they could pack things for overnight just in case."

"That sounds nice." I smile and reach up to kiss Peeta.

***

"Cinna. Stay still." I plead struggling to get his shoes on. "Peeta!" I call.

"Yes?" He answers poking his head around the corner. "Can you help me keep Cinna still?"

"Of course." he says coming over.

Once I finally get Cinna's shoes on I start to pack his baby carrier. While packing I ask Peeta if he got some snacks ready.

"Yep, there right here." He replies handing them to me to put in the carrier.

Once I get Cinna situated I sit him on the couch and place the carrier by the door, so Peeta and I can take turns getting ready. I run into the bedroom while Peeta watches Cinna. I lay out a cream colored dress that goes above my knee and flats to match. I jump in the shower fast and dry my hair.

After I'm done getting ready I walk out to the living room to watch Cinna. When Peeta catches sight of me his smile grows bigger and bigger.
"You look beautiful." I smile. "Thank you." I kiss him, sit down on the couch and then tell him to go get ready.

It doesn't take long for him to clean up and get dressed.

"You look handsome." I swoon when he walks out into the living room. I get up from the couch and peck him on the lips.

"Willow!" I call. "Are you ready? We're leaving!"

A faint voice from her room says "coming!" In response. Shortly after she comes out of her room. "You got everything?" I ask. "Yep" she answers.

After we drop the kids off at Haymitch's house Peeta and I head over to the restaurant.

"I'm assuming you're the Mellarks?" The waitress says as we walk in.

"Yes." I smile. As the waitress shows us to our table I turn to Peeta. "You made a reservation? That's so sweet."

"I thought you would like that." He smiles.

After dinner Peeta and I walk around town going into the sweet shop and eat some candy. It's nice to have alone time with him. We never do anymore because of Willow and Cinna. We walk around for a while enjoying the nice evening breeze hand in hand.

"I love you." Peeta says.

"I love you too." I answer looking up at him smiling. He kisses me and I kiss him back. The kiss goes from a gentle kiss to a passionate loving kiss.

"Let's go home." I whisper to Peeta our lips inches apart when we take a breath for air.

"Okay." He answers.

•thanks so much for reading! I hope you liked this update! And I'm so close to 900 reads! So excited. I will hopefully update soon.•