Chapter 7

I open my eyes and realize Peeta didn't wake up. He didn't kiss me. It was just me standing here imagining it.

I call Haymitch out to watch the kids. I go inside and sit with Peeta. I stroke his hair while I watch him. As I watch him lay on the table I notice how he looks younger when he's sleeping and how he looks so peaceful. I lean in and give him a soft kiss on his lips.

"Hi Katniss." Peeta says in a whisper. I look at him. I'm not sure if it's my ears playing a trick on me, but something tells me it's real.

"Peeta?" I say with hope in my voice. "Was that you?" In reply he mouths yes.

"Oh my gosh Peeta." I almost scream. "Thought you were never going to wake up."

"I am now."

He tries to get up but before I can warn him not to he's already trying. His face cringes and he lays back down.

"Don't get up." I say gently. I didn't want him to open up the lashes in his back. "You got got whipped."

"Why?" He questions.

"You were standing at the edge of the woods while I sprinted off looking for Willow." I explain. "You got knocked out for a couple days. Let me put another snow coat on your back. "

"Okay."

I crush the ice and mix in the herbs and go over to Peeta and put it on his back. Relief spreads over his face.

"The good news is your back is almost healed." I say to make him feel better.

Willow and Cinna come running inside the house and sees Peeta.

"Daddy!" They both shot in unison.

Peeta smiles and closes his eyes.

"Daddy needs to rest." I say. "Go play up stairs in your rooms." I watch them run upstairs and turn to Peeta and ask him how he's feeling.

"I'm feeling fine. Just tired." Peeta responds.

"I'm so happy your awake I was scared you wouldn't wake up." I say.

"Well I'm awake you don't have to worry. What should we do for Willow's 12th birthday?"

"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy you reminded me." I exclaim. It's in one day I almost for got. "What should we do?"

"I don't know we should have it princess themed because she's out little princess." Peeta suggests.

I smile at the idea. But shake my head.

"She's getting older. We should make it a little more grown up."

"Okay what do you want to do?" Peeta asks.

"I don't know." I answer thinking of what we could do. "We don't have to do any theme. I could go by the Hob and see what they have."

"Okay that sounds good." Peeta says closing his eyes.

I watch him for a minuet more and get up and tell Haymitch I'm going out.

I step out into the spring breeze and walk to the Hob. Once I get in the Hob I go straight to the place where I got my mockingjay pin from Greasy Sae and look among the little charms in the dish.

Immediately something catches my eye. It's a gold flower pin perfect for her. I buy the pin from Greasy Sae and think I should get a goat like I did for Prim.

I go to the goat man and buy a goat and a pink ribbon and tie the ribbon around the goats neck in a pretty bow.

I can still remember like it was yesterday when I got the goat for Prim. The look on her face when she saw it. She was laughing and crying all at once because she was so excited.

I'm walking up the side walk to my house in the victors village it's about 6pm and see Willow run out of the house and she screams of joy when she sees the goat. Her face expression and reaction was just like Prim and I put on a huge smile when I see that

"Oh my gosh mom!" Willow exclaims. I love her!

"Thought you would. It's an early birthday present. You can make cheese and sell it. I can teach you." I tell Willow.

"Oh I can't wait!" And she skips to the back of the house to put her goat in the backyard and I go to get food.

I go into the house and walk into the kitchen to tell Peeta what I got her.

"Peeta." I say in a hushed voice.

"Hi Katniss."

"I got Willow some presents." I tell him in a whisper. "I got her a nice flower pin and a goat, which I gave her now for an early birthday present and I'm thinking of getting her a dress."

"Aw Katniss that's so sweet. I wish I could go." Peeta says.

"I wish you could go too." I respond getting up and trying to find food for the goat. That's when I remember I have some hay on the porch from when Prim had her goat.

I head to the porch and find the hay. I grab an arm full and go towards Willow and her goat.

"Willow I have some food for her." I call to her.

"Can I feed her?" Willow asks.

"Sure." I say walking back to the house.

I walk in the house and see Peeta is walking around in the kitchen with a shirt on.

"Oh my gosh Peeta!" I run up to him and put my hands on his shoulders because of his back.

"It's fine my back is healed. It's only light scratches." he smiles.

So I hug him resting my head on his shoulder starting to cry of joy and relief.

I lift my head off his shoulder and face him starting to kiss him and he kisses me back.

•omg I haven't updated in a while! I hope you liked it. And the feels lol. Thanks for reading. I appreciate it please comment on what I could add or improve on.•