Chapter 16

After about an hour of watching the silent night out the window I go back to the bed and crawl under the now cold sheets. Eventually I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up with a start a layer of sweat covering my face and body. I'm breathing heavily too shocked to move. It felt so real. Peeta sent me and the kids back to the Capitol. Snow's granddaughter captured Willow and Cinna and I had no idea where Rye was. I was beaten again. The first thing I see is Willow and Cinna in a huddle. Snow's granddaughter comes in and starts beating them. I arise immediately running towards them until I hit glass diving us. I pound on the glass loudly screaming their names starting to cry. The last thing I remember is Cinna mouthing "mommy" while tears roll down his small round cheeks.

I couldn't get the nightmare out of my mind for almost the rest of the night. I finally managed to find sleep, but not a peaceful one.

My eyes flutter open and I sit up a bit seeing the morning sunlight poring in through the window on to the floor. Moments later Peeta appears in the doorway.

"Morning Katniss" Peeta greets with a small smile.

"Morning." I reply.

"Did you sleep well?" Peeta asks.

I just shake my head not wanting to remember the nightmare.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Peeta questions.

I blink signaling a yes. I manage to shield the hurt in my eyes. At that moment I rise from the bed and push past Peeta to the bathroom. The moment I slam the door I breakdown. I slump down against the door with my face in my hands. I finally have the will to stand up. I wash my tear stained face with soap and warm water and go back to my room.

Peeta comes into the room to give me food, but reject it . He keeps trying to get me to eat something but I don't. I can't get the torture that I went through out of my mind and the trek through the woods. I scan my arms at the now healing bruises and cuts and the apple sized scar on my forearm from the tracker, I look up into the mirror in my room and see a changed person. Not myself anymore. I see a now scarred damaged person inside and out.  I let the silent tears roll down my cheeks accepting I won't be the same anymore.

That night I couldn't sleep fearing the nightmares that will always come. I stand to go to the same window I was looking out last night. I'm looking out at the dimly lit Victors Village deciding if I really belong here. I soon start to walk back to my room. As I'm waking past the kids rooms I catch a glimpse of Willow's sweet sleeping face and all the memories of Peeta come flooding back to me. Not just any memories. The good ones. I walk into Peeta's room and quietly over to his bed. I climb in bed with him. He wakes up and turns around to meet my face. His lips turn into an immediate smile. I lean in blinking down at his lips then back to his stunning blue orbs. I kiss his lips softly, but full of passion and love and spark runs throughout my whole body. He returns the favor and wraps his arms around my back and head as I rest mine on his chest and the bed. I reluctantly pull away and curl up next to him. When he puts a strong secure arm around me all the awful scary memories seem to vanish.

Thanks so much for reading!! I hope you liked it. I know it's short, but I thought t was a good place to leave off. #everlarkfeels!