Chapter 8

I wake up under the covers with my head on Peeta's chest listening to his steady heartbeat. I look up and kiss his jaw.

"Hi Katniss." Peeta says almost immediately.

I keep staring at him, but breaks my stare by pecking me on the lips. I smile and place my head back on his chest and fall back asleep again.

I wake up in the same position as I did when I went to sleep with bright sunlight coming in through the curtains. I look up at Peeta and see that he's awake already watching me. I smile stretch my arms and sit up a bit.

"I wonder how Willow and Cinna is." I say to Peeta.

"I'm sure Haymitch took care of them just fine."

"Okay." I respond reassured. "I'm going to go out soon to get Willow that dress baecuse it's almost noon."

"Sure. Can I come?" Peeta says eagerly."

"I would love for you to come. But you have to watch the kids and give Haymitch a break." I say with a frown.

"Okay, I cant wait to see it."

I kiss Peeta on the cheek and get up out of bed and pick up out my clothes to head to the bathroom.

***

I get out of the bathroom and see Peeta went downstairs to get Willow and Cinna some lunch, so I continue to clean up the bedroom and put the clothes on the floor in the laundry.

After I'm done I go downstairs and see that Willow and Haymitch is playing with Cinna in the living room.

"Good afternoon sweetheart." Haymitch says getting up from the floor.

"Good afternoon." I respond. "You can go I got it. Thanks a lot for your help."

I walk him to the door and wave to him as he walks down the walk way.

I turn and walk back into the house and still see Willow is still playing with Cinna.

"Peeta!' I shout. "Peeta where are you?!"

"Where's dad?" I ask Willow after a bit of calling him with no answer.

"He told me he was going out for a bit." Willow answers in her soft calm voice.

"Oh ok." I say like I wasn't bothered by it. But I was. I told him I was going to go, but insted he leaves without me knowing.

" Have you and Cinna had lunch?" I ask willow.

"We just finished it when you came down."

"Okay. So how's Haymitch?" I ask.

"He's good. I'm excited I'm turning twelve tomorrow!" Willow squeals.

"I know I can't believe it." It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time.

I figure Willow and Cinna will be fine so I go upstairs to do laundry. I still can't get the question out if my head why Peeta left with out me knowing.

After I get the vacuuming and washing the dishes done. Peeta walks through the door with a bag as I'm drying my hands I let him go and put it away because I figure it's Willow's dress.

While he's doing that I tell Willow and Cinna to go to their rooms and wait for Peeta leaning on the counter.

"Where the heck were you?" I demand right when he walks into the room.

"Was at the Hob."

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to go? I was worried about you. You could have told me!" My voice starting to raise in anger.