My Mushroom

Some Georgebur bc why not. Sorry if you don't like this ship
________________________________

TW//Some Mentions Of Unalive

(3rd Person POV)

It was the 30th of April. George was collecting some wood for Kinoko Kingdom. Then he stumbled upon a sight to behold.

L'manberg. Or.. What's left of it, atleast. It was more of a canyon than a country now.

George never really saw this himself. He heard stories about how Phil, Techno and... Dream blew up L'manberg. He didn't think they'd go this far. He could swear he saw bedrock.

Readjusting the mushroom hat on his head, he stared at the remnants of something that once brought joy to people. This country was the reason that Wilbur died.

The wind blew his cape. The Kinoko Kingdom flag. He sighed.

He knew Wilbur very well. Had a crush on him at some point. That disappeared temporarily when he met the masked madman known as Dream. At the time he wasn't a masked madman though.

His feelings for Wilbur didn't actually disappear though. They remained. And if only he had known that the british boy had reciprocated these feelings.

Then he heard footsteps. He frantically looked around. He searched for the source of the footsteps.

"George?" He heard. The voice was familiar... Too familiar.

He looked to his right to find him. Him.

He looked different.

Instead of fluffy shiny brunette hair that George loved to play with, it was dull and two-toned with white.

Instead of seeing the light brown eyes that he would constantly get lost in, George saw bright crimson eyes that peirced his soul.

He didn't see the smile that he would constantly see in his dreams, he saw a crooked grin that showed his sharp teeth, no doubt it would cause him nightmares.

The most noticeable feature was the sword wound that sat at the middle of his chest.

"W-Wilbur?" He asked in disbeleif. The name felt foreign. He hasn't said it in a while. It was just as unrecognizable as the person standing in from of him.

"George. George!" He exclaimed. He walked towards George and gave him a hug. George didn't hug back. He was too in shock.

"George. Don't you miss me?" The taller male asked as he pulled away. Wilbur was upset about the fact that George wasn't looking at him. So he gently moved George's chin with his finger so that the shorter brunette would face him.

George could feel butterflies in his stomach as he looked up at Wilbur. Wilbur Soot. George's childhood friend, even before Sapnap and Dream. They've known eachother for a long time. They've also had feelings for eachother for a long time.

As George spaced out and stared. Wilbur chuckled and said "You look so adorable, Gogy." That seemed to snap George out of his daze as his face heated up and he took a few steps away from Wilbur. "N-No I don't." He finally spoke.

Wilbur smirked triumphantly. "You are adorable." His voice made George feel even more butterflies in his stomach. This boy really found a way to make him flustered, more flustered than Dream could make him.

"I really missed you, George."
Wilbur put a hand on his cheek. "You were the only person I thought about while being in that hellhole afterlife. Aside from my family, of course." George didn't know how to respond to this.

"Did you miss me? Please answer the question." Wilbur pleaded. George sighed.

"Why did you leave?" He finally asked.

Wilbur had a look of confusion "W-What?" He asked.

"Why did you ask your father to kill you? That's basically suicide, you idiot. Why did you want to die? Why?" Wilbur sighed. "I-I thought that death was the only thing that could free me. I'm so sorry George."

"You're such an idiot." Humor was evident in that statement. Wilbur silently chuckled and said "Yeah, perhaps I might be."

The two brunettes turned to the blown up remains of L'manberg. "I really did that, huh?" Wilbur muttered. George turned to Wilbur with a questioning look. "What?" Wilbur laughed and said "Oh right. Forgot you didn't know. I blew up L'manberg."

George rolled his eyed. "I think you're wrong on that one." Wilbur was the one that was confused this time. "What? Care to explain?"

"When you blew up L'manberg. They rebuilt it again. Techno, Phil and... Dream did this..." George kinda trailed off.

Wilbur raised his eyebrow. "Really? Well, they certainly did a good job." George sighed.

Wilbur turned to George with a concerned look on his face. "What's wrong? Are you okay? D-Did I say something wrong?" George chuckled slightly and shook his head.

"It's just that... I just found out that my... best friend... Didn't really care about me. He used me for his personal gain. He wasn't who I thought he was..." Wilbur sighed. "That's just what some people do."

Wilbur knew too well who he was talking about. The same person that brought him back to life.

The two brunettes looked eachother directly in the eyes. Wilbur reached for George's glasses and pulled them up. He could see his eyes. One was blue and the other was brown. "I've always loved your eyes. I'm proud to be one of the only people to see both of them." George gave a flustered smile and muttered "Shut up..." Wilbur chuckled.

"Your eyes changed though, I see." Wilbur looked confused. "Really? They're not brown anymore?" George facepalmed and said "No, they're red for some reason." Wilbur had a look of realization "Oh that's probably because of genes or something. Probably my mum's. Never really met her so I wouldn't know."

George laughed and said "I like them. Your eyes." Wilbur blushed. "Thanks, Gogy."

George was feeling a little brave today, so he stood on his tippy-toes and kissed Wilbur on the cheek. Wilbur stood in shock before he cupped George's face with his hands and brought their lips together.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before they pulled away. George quickly blushed and looked away. Wilbur merely chuckled. Wilbur put his hand on George's cheek.

"I missed you so much, My Mushroom."