Pen Pal

Don't judge me. It's my comfort ship.

Some angst at the start ig.
________________________________

(Fundy's POV)

I was at Schlatt's funeral. Everyone was mostly happy. Schlatt's dead. And he was a douche. I won't deny that he was but I can't believe that Schlatt's having a funeral but my father, Wilbur Soot, the founder of L'manberg, got nothing more than a grave.

"I can't believe this." I mutter. Tommy, who was sitting next to me, heard me and said "Me neither. Schlatt's finally dead. It feels great." I glare at him. "That's not what I meant." I say through gritted teeth.

"Fundy you good?" Tubbo asked from beside Tommy. "No. I'm not good." I answer bluntly. "What's wrong mate? Aren't you happy that this dipshit is dead?" Tommy asked. I stood up and looked at Tommy "I'm happy he's gone. I'm beyond joyful. But I can't believe you all gave this TYRANT a funeral and Wilbur literally only got a grave!" I yelled.

Quackity came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder "Fundy-" I interrupt him by shoving his hand off. "Shut up!" I yelled. Now all the eyes were on me.

I stand there for a few seconds before making a run for it. I heard some people call for me before I ran into the forest.

I didn't stop running until I saw the blue transparent border that seperated the rest of the world from this hellhole of a server. I couldn't go out unless I had permission from the Dream Team, no one could come in either.

I stared at the border for a second. Then I heard some ruffling. I quickly turned around to see if someone followed me. I see no one. That's when I realised that the ruffling came from outside the border.

I turned back and saw someone. A person. He had a pink astronaut suit but the helmet was off. He had hazel eyes and three-toned hair. His bangs faded from white-ish blond to punch pink. Some of his hair was tied in a ponytail, that hair was colored olive green.

We stared in awe at eachother for a good 10 seconds before he hid behind the bushes. "Hey, hey, hey! Wait! I didn't mean to scare you! Come back!" I yell. I sounded a bit desperate and, to be honest, I was.

I waited for a bit before I saw that he slipped a little note in front of the border. It read

My name's 5up

I searched my pocket for some paper and a pen. When I finally found some sticky notes and a tiny pencil I started writing

I'm Fundy

Then I slipped it next to his note. He came out of the bushes and read the note. He smiled and said "Hello Fundy." His voice was kinda echo-y but that was probably because of him being at the other side of the border.

"Hi." I gave him a small smile and a wave. He walked a few steps closer to the border. He looked like he was studying me? I impishly smirk and raise my eyebrow "Like what you see?" I ask.

His hazel eyes widen and his face tints with pink "N-No, it's just that I've never seen someone like you before. Fox hybrid?" He asks and I nod. "I like your hair." He smiles and scratches the back of his neck and mutters a "Thanks."

He sits down and leans his back on the border, I do the same.

"You're an astronaut?" I ask him and he nods. "Me and my crewmates have a ship called Skeld. We ride it once and a while and explore space. It's pretty fun." I nod "It sounds fun. I've always wanted to see what the moon looks like up close." I tell him.

"I can take you if you want?" He suggests. I sigh "I can't pass the border without Dream's permission." He was confused "Who's that?" He asked. "The owner of this land. Nobody leaves or enters without his permission and it sucks." I explain to him.

"Well, maybe you can ask him?" He suggest. I quietly chuckle. "Dream isn't the type of person to say yes easily. He's a jerk." I sigh "He broke my heart." I added as I turned to 5up, he gave me a look of empathy.

(The wedding isn't canon in my au neither is it canon in the actual rp. Fundy and Dre dated for a while but green blob bitch cheated with colorblind tsundere. Alexa play 'Traitor' by Olivia Rodrigo)

Then I heard 5up mutter something along the lines of "I'd never break your heart." But I wasn't really sure so I asked "What?" "Nothing." He quickly responds.

"Fundy you seem like a good person. Are there other people there besides you and that 'Dream' guy?" 5up asks me. I shrug "Some more people, I guess. It's been pretty eventful lately. Just lost two people." I reply. "Really?" He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, Schlatt died. He was a douchebag. And... My father died too..." I trailed off.

"I'm sorry for your loss. What about your mom?" I sigh "Dad told me that my mom was taken by some terrible people. I don't know where she is..."

Our backs were no longer facing the border. We were looking directly at eachother. The only thing in between us was this giant unpassable blue border.

5up put his hand on the border "Fundy, if you ever need someone to talk to. I'm here. Okay? But whenever I'm not, you can put a note. I'll do the same." I smile at him. "Thank you 5up. I appreciate it." I put my hand on the border on his.

And I thought that I was alone. That Wilbur, the only person that ever cared for me, was gone. That everyone had someone but I didn't. But now I know that I'm not alone. Someone cares about me. I matter to someone.

"FUNDY!"

"Fundy, where are you?!"

The voices of Quackity and Tommyinnit startled me. I panic. "I gotta go 5up. Bye! See you later!" I frantically stood up and started running towards the source of the voices after turning around and waving goodbye to 5up. He smiled and waved back.