|BĀ|

You stood on top of a high-rise building, looking up at the meteor, which was getting closer. Purple swirled in your eyes, and your vision was filled with fire. The entirety of City Z being destroyed.

'I don't have the raw power needed to stop it, but I have an idea.' You closed your eyes. Glowing purple marks appeared around your eyes, and when you opened them, the marks traveled down your face. You held up your hand, energy balling itself between your fingers. You raised your arm all the way, and the ball expanded, and thinned out rapidly, like a veil covering the city. The sun light was tinted purple, covering the city in a protective blanket.

'Nothing can get in, but things can leave.' Your eyes calmed down to a moderate purple, the markings also receding back. Out in the near distance, you heard the explosions of rockets taking off. Looking to your right, you saw eleven missiles rocketing towards the meteor. You followed them with your eyes.

'Metal Knight.'
The missiles easily slipped past the barrier and hit the meteor, exploding with such firepower, the bright orange and yellow took over purple for a few seconds. However, you didn't feel the shockwaves from the explosions. A large mushroom cloud of smoke appeared in the sky, creating a looming shadow over the city. However, the meteor, still intact, broke the smoke, sending it flying away. The missiles didn't effect it at all.

'Useless.' You sighed.

'Guess I have to try to skewer it.' You raised your one hand, but before you could manipulate the barrier, a large explosion rocketed up from your right again. You looked at the pillar of fire.

'Genos...? Geez, talk about firepower.' You watched carefully. After a few seconds, the fire died down. It didn't do anything but heat the meteor up. That's when you locked onto another person.

'Damn, here to show us up again.' You turned your head, looking down at the roof where he was. You saw him jump from it, ultimately cracking the entire top half of the building. You followed him up into the air as he flew out from the barrier.

'... he's probably not gonna think about the pieces of meteor, huh.' You watched him disappear into the meteor, the entire thing cracking, before exploding in a flash of blue shockwaves. The pieces of meteor soared down, hitting the barrier. Explosions went off all around, the broken pieces being incinerated on-contact. Even the dust got incinerated into nothing but past-tense. When the explosions died down fully, your eyes also calmed back to their original color. The barrier disappeared.

'Well, damage was kept to zero, I did my work here.'

~
Back in Saitama's apartment a bit later, the news was covering the whole meteor phenomena.

"By the way, do you think we moved up in ranking?" Saitama asked, scratching his chest.

"Yes, we did," Genos replied. "I went from Class S Rank 17 to 16, Metal Knight also moved up from Rank 7 to 6, Y/n moved up from Rank 16 to 10. Sensei, you shot up from Class C Rank 342 to 5."

"Ohhh that's impressive," you said with a smile. "Good job."

"From 342 to 5? What the hell? That's crazy!"

"Not at all. Your performance was worthy of Class A or even Class S," Genos replied, "After all, it was a threat level Dragon."

"But of course, most of the credit probably went to Genos and Metal Knight," you added. "Since they're Class S and all."

"By the way, they always report threat levels as Demon or Tiger or whatever. Does that mean anything?" Saitama asked.

"Yeah," you replied. "Tiger is a crisis threatening massive loss of life. Demon is a crisis threatening to hald the functioning of an entire city or its destructon. Dragon is a crisis threatening the destructions of multiple cities. And God, a crisis threatening human extinction." Genos handed Saitama a book about threats.

"Wow, I had no idea," Saitama said.

"Well, now you do," you replied, leaning back on your futon.

"I believe heroes often consider threat levels when deciding whether to respond or not. But I guess they do not matter to you," Genos said.

"Well, of course not," Saitama replied, "If the heroes run away, who's left to help?" Genos stared at Saitama for a good second before opening a book and furiously writing in it.

"What are you doing?" Saitama asked.

"I must record your words," he replied.

"Anyway, it wasn't all that much for such a huge jump in rank," Saitama thought, placing his fingers on his chin.

"If you keep it up, you'll soar through the ranks," you said. He thought about it for a moment.

"All right." He stood. "I'll be out for a bit."

"Have fun." You waved lazily.

"You are going out, Sensei?" Genos asked, turning around. "I will come with you."

"You stay here. If something happens, you'll get all the credit again."

"Well that's fair," you muttered, picking up the book and reading it.

~
It wasn't even ten minutes later.

"Sensei, I'm going out too," Genos said, standing up from the table. You glanced up at him.

"Go ahead. Don't get dismantled." You waved dismissively.

"Yes! Excuse me!" When Genos left the apartment, you sighed and put the book down. You stood from your place and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. You caught your reflection in the glass. That's when you noticed your eyes were purple. You sighed.

"It's been a long time since you visited me in the flesh," you spoke. "Did you suddenly turn shy?"

 "Did you suddenly turn shy?"

"Me? Shy? Never." Korrun walked out of the shadows. "Just checking up on you." You stared at them.

"What else? There's something else there."

"21 years are almost up."

"Of fucking course." You sighed and turned back around. Korrun placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Now, now," they soothed. "I can't help it. I've been dying for this deal to end."

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"

"Oh, your humor kills me, darling."

"You never answered my question," you said, placing the glass carefully in the sink. "Why did my mother make a deal with you?"

"Hmmm," Korrun hummed. "I'll tell you when the time comes." You glanced at them.

"You mean right before you kill me, right?"
Korrun grinned at you.

"Smart, aren't you?"

"I might as well do what I want with the powers I temporarily have."

"Interesting take." Korrun walked away from you. "I'll check back up on you some other time. See you, Sugar." They disappeared from sight, and your eyes died down. You let out a sigh, leaning against the sink.

'Goddammit.'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}