|ÈR SHÍ YĪ|

You paused. The person standing in front of you wasn't too amused either.

"Why are you here Genos?" You asked.

"I got an emergency call about Garou the Hero Hunter here," he replied, "That he was residing in that building." You didn't say anything in reply.

"Why are you protecting a criminal?" He asked.

"Self benefit," you replied.

'Did he scan the building when my guard was down? He still shouldn't have been able to sense it... shit, I forgot Genos doesn't have regular human senses.'

"Self benefit?" He repeated, "You're a hero. Heroes aren't supposed to only think for themselves."

"Yeah, I get that," you sighed, "But I've a problem that's been a thorn in my side for a while."

"And what would that be? What problem could possibly make you turn to a murderer for help?"

"That doesn't concern you," you replied, "So, what're you gonna do?" Genos's fists clenched.

"Forgive me, Sensei," he said, his cannon beginning to fire up. "I have no choice but to go through you."

"Hm," you hummed, "You've gotten arrogant."

'I can't let him blow up the shack.'
Genos shot off his cannon, and you used your powers to divert it. However, when it moved to the side, Genos was right in front of you.

"Incineration."
You pulled Genos' initial attack back, colliding it into him. The explosion rocked you off your feet, sending you closer to the shack.

'Tch. We have to take this somewhere else. But if I leave, that leaves him vulnerable. I could just pretend that he's not there, but Genos would know better and relay it to them... unless.'
Genos moved in closer, and you put up your barrier which he was furiously punching. You closed your eyes, the markings making a reappearance. You opened them, and immediately grabbed onto Genos' mind. He fought back though, even going so far as to close his eyes. Out of everyone, he probably fought back the hardest.

"Submit."
Genos flinched, slamming his metal hand to his head in an attempt to block you out. However, your control was too strong, and in a matter of a few seconds, he was under your thumb. You, however, waited. You wanted to be sure if Genos was actually under you, or if he was just pretending. You've had that happen before, you didn't want it to happen again. But Genos' mind was still very much human. He wouldn't break free.

"Call the Association. Tell them Garou the Hero Hunter and Psychotica fled in opposite directions. Engage with anyone who tries to intercept you. Forget about the last ten minutes."
Genos instantly reached for his phone, turning, and walking away. You also slowly began to walk back to the shack, making sure not to let go of your control over him. You also checked the surrounding area for any hidden heroes. You didn't find any, but what you did find, were some vermen underground. You leaned forward and placed your hand on the ground, sending a pulse of psychic energy, which undoubtedly exploded the monsters.

'There, with Genos and those idiots take care of, I can move Garou to a different area.'

"Psychotica."
You paused, not needing to turn around because you recognized the voice.

"Bang," you greeted back, "What can I help you with?"

"I think you know."

"Bang," Bomb appeared behind his younger brother.

'Class S, Rank 3, and his older brother. What rotten luck.' You sighed and let your shoulders slump.

"Fine," you finally gave in. "Garou's in there, on the second floor. He's asleep, so he's easy to deal with." Bang and Bomb looked at each other before nodding. Bang walked past you, and Bomb was left to watch you. When Bang was opening the door, you blinked, and now you were standing inside the shack, right over Garou. You grabbed him and quickly teleported back out into the forest. You looked over your shoulder and saw your clone still standing there. Without looking back, you took off to another location. As you were running, you noticed a shadow following you from up above. Looking up, you saw the same phoenix-hybrid from earlier. You stopped on a branch and forcibly pulled him down, where he proceeded to screech. You jerked him in front of you.

"What do you want?" You asked, creating a blade out of your energy.

"Wait, wait!" He exclaimed, "I'm not here looking for a fight! I just want Garou." You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Garou is mine. Go get your own."

"I don't think you understand--"

"I understand perfectly," you interrupted, pulling him closer. His chest pressed against the tip of your blade and he yelped. "You're not recruiting Garou. He's already told you he wasn't interested several times before. Now, PISS OFF!" You threw him up into the air before shooting your blade. It skewered right through his torso, and he went falling out of the sky. You continued running.

~
It was dusk by the time you stopped. You were in U-City. An abandoned complex hidden in the worse parts of the city. You could work with that.

'Sorry Saitama, Genos. I have to start thinking about my own future as well.' You had patched Garou up again, and actually, you know, made sure he didn't die. His fever had also gone down. You sighed and sat on the dirty, dusty bed. But with a spike of your powers, the mattress was clean. Or as clean as it would get.

'Until Garou is up and back on his feet, I can't let Korrun find me, or the other heroes and monsters, find him.' You flopped back and stared up at your ceiling.

'To be honest, I could've just asked Saitama to take care of Korrun for me, since I don't have good physical abilities naturally.' A small smile appeared on your face.

'But I don't wanna see a one-sided battle. I wanna see a brawl.'

~
It was the next morning, and you were in a deep sleep from the wonderful few days you've had. However, the slighest creak of the floor jolted you awake, and you sat up, looking at the door. Garou stood there, still shirtless and clad in a shit ton of bandages.

"You're awake," he said.

"You literally just woke me, but okay."
He looked around.

"Where are we?"

"Better for me to know and you to stay in the dark."

"Keeping me on a tight leash, huh."

"You have no idea." You swung your legs over the side of the bed and rubbed your eyes. "Even if you decide to leave, I'll pull your ass back."

"I'm not gonna do that," he said, leaning against the doorframe, but grunting slightly from it. "I don't know why, but I feel like... there's something we need to do."

"Didn't quite expect you to follow that feeling."

"I don't really have a choice. You'll kill me if I don't, I'm guessing."

"Fair enough." You stood from the bed and walked closer to him. "Your fever's gone down a bit, but you're still not at 100%. We have to wait until you are."

"Tch. What are you, my mother?"

"Ha ha very funny." You yawned, closing your eyes, but your vision exploded in purple. A large monster, several smaller ones surrounding it in an arena, and finally, a pink-haired, dual-colored eyed witch amongst the ranks, cheering. When you came back, Garou was staring at you with furrowed brows.

"Does that happen all the time?"
You didn't dignify him with an answer.

"... stay here."

~
Your footsteps slowly drew nearer until you reached the target. It was alive, but lying limp.

"Oi," you called, removing the blade from it. "Wake up." Slowly, the bird woke up, but still wasn't fully in it. You squated down next to its head where you could have a conversation clearer with it.

"I changed my mind. Take Garou and I to the Monster Association."

"What... why did you change your mind?" It asked you. Your expression dropped.

"I have a bit of a problem."

Korrun had joined the Monster Association.

This is season 1 and two done, I literally binge wrote this in like three days. Season three might not come out for a while. Which means after this chapter, this book will be completed for now, or until I get into the manga, if at all.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}