|ÈR SHÍ|

The more you walked, the less your muscles ached. All in all, it didn't take you that long to get to where your vision took place. In a forest with a random shack in the middle of it. You walked through the trees, and even though you were covered in blood, you seemed fine otherwise. When you broke through the treeline, you saw Garou standing in front of the shack, along with several heroes.

"What are you doing?" You called out, drawing their attention.

"Psychotica!" One called out, "Thank goodness you're here. You can help us bring the Hero Hunter to the Association!" You looked to where they were and clearly saw Garou.

"What are you talking about?" You asked, "It's just a shack. Didn't know you were a demolition team as well." Garou hummed, obviously not expecting you to help him.

"What are you talking about? Have you lost your mind? He's standing right there!"
But when all the heroes blinked, to them, Garou was no longer standing there, and the door to the building was closed.

"I think you should be asking that," you countered, stepping closer to them. "You're all probably mentally tired from the monsters and chased what you thought was Garou."

"Impossible," Death Gatling said, "I sensed him, and saw him with my own eyes. I followed him here."

"Well do you see him?" You asked, gesturing around. "You didn't see him leave, and he couldn't have just teleported." The heroes looked around, and you could tell they were taking your words into consideration. Why would a Class S hero lie to them anyways?

"You're all probably drained from the fighting and don't realize it." You sighed, placing your hand on your hip. "Go home and drink some water. Maybe get some sleep." Death Gatling stared at you for a second before conceding.

"Very well. That's not an unrealistic reason."
The heroes behind him also began to follow suit, and you watched the group of them slowly walk away. But you knew it was more than that. He was still paying close attention to you. You turned and walked the way you came, disappearing into the trees. You removed yourself from their perceptions before making your way back to the shack. Garou was still standing in front of it, and when you came back out, he had his guard up.

"Why'd you save me?" He asked. You just put your finger up to your lips as a way to tell him to be quiet. Your eyes moved to the side where you could feel a projectile shooting towards you. You held your hand up to Garou to tell him to not move from his spot. You heard a whiz, and felt the heat of a bullet that shot into the metal sack, creating a clean hole. Garou's eyes widened, and you stayed still.

'Death Gatling has always been annoyingly perceptive.' You walked up to Garou and told him to walk into the shack with you before closing the door behind you.

"Um... Mister, who is this?"
You turned your head to see a small kid standing in front of you.

"... what the fuck--" You then shook your head. "Never mind. You're not my concern." You brushed past the kid and past Garou.

"These recent monster attacks, along with the discovery of the Monster Association, has made me realize something." You crossed your arms, turning your head to look back at him. "The line between 'human' and 'monster' has become blurred, especially now, since you can turn into one by eating monster cells."

"Get to the point."
You grinned at him.

"I think I'm interested in your way of life."
He blinked at you.

"... huh?"

"Well, obviously I'm not going to go on a killing spree like you are with Class S heroes, but still... I've become complacent with where I am, my position in this world. All these monster attacks have reawakened something in me." You took a seat on the lone chair to the side. "There's nothing you can do that I can't, but have earned yourself an infamous reputation is very little time."

"What are you saying? Say it concisely."

"I was getting there," you replied, "How would you feel about being in a temporary partnership? I can very well allow you to get away with whatever you want, but in return, I want you to deal with something for me. Or someone." Garou just stared at you.

"Is this a trap?"

"I don't do traps."

"This is a ploy."

"I honestly don't care enough about most people to do much about it. I just want to fight."

"The Association set you up on this."

"They did not."

"Then why?" He finally asked, "I'm sure you can handle whoever it is on your own."

"Oh yeah, I'm well aware," you replied, "But this one is slightly different. I'm in a one-sided deal with this person, and if I try to break out of it, I'll be dead. But if you kill them, the deal is null." Garou narrowed his eyes at you.

"What the hell are you going on about?"
You stood up fromy our seat and walked towards him, eyes glowing purple.

"Sleep."

"Oi--" Garou's eyes grew heavy, his entire body teetering to the side. You caught him before he fell to the floor. You looked at the kid who watched this all silently. You also put him under your trance.

"Leave. And forget this happened."
The kid slowly nodded before turning, opening the door, and running out of the building. You carried Garou back up to the higher level and placed him on the couch. You pressed your hand against his forehead.

"Their name is Korrun. They're like me, but less potent. If they make a deal with you, decline. You'll be able to kill them easily. Remember the motive. Forget this interaction." Garou's entire forehead glowed purple, and you implanted false memories inside his head. He beat up all of the heroes, they retreated, and the kid left. You pulled back and looked down at him.

'Let's hope you live up to your name, Garou the Hero Hunter. If you don't, I hope you like a cold cell.' You also walked out of the shack to leave him to wake up on his own time. And seeing he had a fever, plus injuries, it wouldn't be for a while.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}