Chapter 2

RENELENE'S P.O.V

"Ren, you have time?" I knocked on her opened door.

"Just one pre-test. Why?" She closed her laptop.

"I...uh... I just got home from walking Delon when I found some scars on the car. You bumped to something again?"

"Oh. Just one stupid boy." She chuckled looking at me. "Don't worry. I'll get it done before mom and dad home."

"It's not my actual point." I played with my hair because either way I tell her, she'll yell at me in any seconds.

"Then?"

"The guy, he's coming here asking if you're..."

"Gosh! How could he? Having some guts on him, huh. Where's he?" Rena immediately grabbed her jacket and went downstairs.

"Ren! Please don't. I don't even finish my words yet!" I chased her. "He's our neighbor. There."

"T-there?" She pointed to the big house across ours in shocked expression.

"Hmm." I nodded. "It's not the right decision to confront. He said sorry and so did I, too."

"You said sorry for what, Rene! Wow. You're the plain weird one. Why did you do that?" Rena threw her car key.

"What's it between you and them? We're the new people here. Adjust it with everything." I whispered.

"Or what? I'm ready to move out again anyway. None of things in our lives stay longer than we wish. Ren, you're wasting your time."

"Rena!" I tried to catch her steps but she ran too fast.

Gosh. What was that. Why my sister was so angry at a guy because of a bump? I mean alright it's rude what my sister just did to Connor. But it's only a matter of saying sorry. Why is it only me who keeps saying sorry for her? Why having such a pain twin?

I needed to calm my mind so I approached outside and sat on our swing at the front park. Orlando breeze is amazing but it's hard to breathe today. I stared at this house across me. One window at the second floor. The curtain was opened. I saw a silhouette of a guy playing piano. Connor?

"Hey." He waved from his window just a moment before me knowing. I have stared at it too long.

"Oh hi." I mouthed waving back.

He took something from his room because I lost him out of sight for like one minute. I left him alone. Maybe he needed some privacy. But few minutes later he threw a paper ball to me.

I looked at him. "What is it?"

"Just read." Connor spoke with some gestures.

What you doing there?
Mind to come and play guitar together?

I chuckled. He's too sweet. Hey after Philippines last time, I kinda love Orlando already. Connor will be a great companion to my loneliness. So I took Delon from his playground, got him in my hands and walked toward his front door.

"Hello again." Connor opened the door right before I knock.

"Hey. Thanks for inviting me. Is it okay, really?" I giggled.

"Of course. The guys are sleeping. I'm perfectly alone." He let me go inside. "And I bet you need a company."

"Pretty much."

"Hey who's this cutie pie?" Connor lifted Delon around.

"A puppy boy. His name is Delon." I replied.