Chapter 5

RENELENE'S P.O.V

"Darling, you ready?" Mom knocked my door.

"Just a moment!" I yelled.

"Okay, we need hurry. It's almost late."

"Alright alright!"

I packed my small bag with phone and purse, fixed one last look in the mirror, then left downstairs. There I found Mom, Dad, and Rena who've been waiting for me. I didn't take too long. I just fell asleep in the wrong time.

"Let's go!" Mom happily slipped on her heels and grabbed Dad's arm.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Looking fancy." Rena smirked at me like nothing was happening yesterday. In fact, we didn't even talk to each other for the whole day.

"You dress yourself too." I replied in short.

We slowly walked to this house across ours. Mom and Dad have waved excitedly at Connor's parents, who have also opened their front house and welcomed us. Rena walked passing me. I let myself walked a bit slower to check on that one window I recognized the most.

"Good evening! Welcome to our house!" Joan hugged my Mom immediately.

"Hello Joan, thank you for inviting us. Girls, meet Joan." Mom called us both.

"I'm Rena." She spoke first. Yeah, the few seconds older sister.

"I'm Rene." I added fast. "Nice to finally meet you."

"Oh! Hahaha I was torn, which one of you who came to meet the boys yesterday." She laughed to Mom. "Cmon in, sweethearts."

I looked at Rena's eyes. She rolled eyes at me with the most unsatisfied expression and walked inside. I walked behind her, trying to be polite in this family meeting. Looking familiar with everything, unlike Rena.

"Boys! Come down!" Mark stood in the middle of the stairs and giggled at us.

"Alright Pops!" One of them yelled back.

I heard some footsteps here and there coming inside out each other room. I just chuckled, knowing whose room is where. So the parents left us for a barbeque party at the backyard. Awkward. Being in here together with Rena after what happened yesterday is awkward.

"Hello!" Toby slided himself down using the stairs handrail.

"Hey." We both nodded. Oh don't say it. I don't need twinnish style right now. Not in the mood.

"Wow they're amazing. We shouks do that sometimes." Toby chuckled.

"Unless I'm almost 3 years older than you." Riley slapped him playfully. "Hey guys. I'm Riley."

"Noticed." Rena suddenly cut my words in a devil-nice way.

"Good." Riley hugged her then came up to me. "So bad we didn't meet yesterday."

"Hmm. No problem. Connor said you're sleeping." I smiled.

"Sounds like Toby." Riley chuckled again.

"Hey." Connor kissed my cheek.

"Hey you." I nodded awkwardly.

"I'm Connor." He gave his hand to Rena, which I bet pretty rude too. Remember who bumped her car at his.

"And I'm Rena. Sorry about the car."

Oh wait. I exchanged glare with Connor because heck, I don't know what kind of game she's playing again this time. It was her rudest way when she spoke to Connor yesterday morning about the bump. But now she smiled like nothing happened.

"Hmm. No problem." He shook his head. "Wanna join the parents?"

"Sure thing. Before I die in awkward way." Toby gave the 'duh' expression.

"Slap slap slap." Riley repeatedly tickled the youngest one because he's the dork.

The barbeque dinner went nothing but dang awkward. Because in every conversation that I tried to nicely make the boys, she always involved. I hate when Rena started to say it proudly about how boyish her style is, and how lame mine is, according to her. What she's trying to imply? Remind me who's declaring about not making any friends? I can't even say what's fake and what's not right now.

"It's cool though, you two are twins." Toby looked at us. "I can't tell who's who, except from the way you dress."

"Hahaha... I'll always be the boyish one." Rena nodded like he's only talking to her.

"But you're like wearing this dress." He pointed to our similar style this evening.

"Just in the mood of doing so. To also impress the boy right here that I'm not bitchy at all." She poked Connor.

"Hmm." Connor only nodded and gave a big grin.

"Bitchy." Riley smiled. "We don't do that style."

"Meaning?" Rena turned her attention to him.

"We neither curse nor saying bad stuff." Riley tried to be polite.

"You can't use the word, twin." I murmured.

"Shut up!" She scolded me in front of their very eyes. I jumped a bit. "Oh okay I'm sorry."

Connor mouthed at me asking if I'm fine. I just nodded. Nodding all the time because there's no reason not to cry anymore at this time. My sister has turned into somebody else. And fake.

"Kids! Come over here please!" Joan and my Mom called us in unison.

"Let's go." Connor grabbed my hand.

We sat on the other side of table, making our parents to sit across us. They looked happy, which made me relieved. Means no more hiding for the sake of this new friendship. Means my parents love this family already.

"So...I heard from Mark, you bumped your car at Connor's, Rena?" Dad spoke like it's a criminal court for her.

"Yeah. And I have said sorry." She excitedly claimed.

"You have? Good." Dad nodded. "That's good. So you can be friends again?"

"Again?" Connor, who sat by me, whispered really slowly til nobody could hear it, but I did.

"Yeah!" Rena ate some chocolate from the table. "We do, right Con?"

"Sure sure." He was shocked but managed to answer.

"Wow...look at them. Already make friends with each other. Wondering who's gonna be with who." Joan smirked at us.

"Thank goodness." Toby replied with a mouth full of food, obviously.

"I can answer. I think...Connor and Rena." My Mom winked at her other daughter.

Bam. The feel was real. I should've not felt anything at this point but I did. Shoot. My own freaking mommy just said the most unexpected thing. She knew I was here yesterday. I know it's fake. I know they fake something in here. Or to say the least, my parents just did it again. They gave the spotlight back to Rena. Always. How normal. But how hurtful.