Chapter 6

RENELENE'S P.O.V

I ran to the kitchen with some dishes in my hands, pretending I washed them. But beyond that, I was hurt inside. Unreasonable hurt. Except for once, I thought I was that close to a person who particularly saved my life through his music, but my parents took it away again from me for the sake of the twin's happiness. Why couldn't I have cancer if everything's gonna be easier like that.

"Re..." Connor called me.

"I'm not in the mood." I kept washing them all manually, anything to make me doing this longer.

"I know who you are." He rubbed my back in the highest awkward and hurtful tension. "The parents told us."

"Yeah? You know who I am? I don't even know myself." I chuckled in tears.

"Why you crying?"

"I cut my hand with a knife."

Lies. All lies. Everything's lie.

"Then I'll heal it." He turned me around and held my hands. "Don't listen to your parents. They're not gonna make any scenario here."

"For your parents, yes. But unfortunately, my parents have been doing it for years. And nailed it." I smiled in devastation.

"I said nothing's gonna happen between me and Rena." Connor deepened his voice.

"And... Ha, Connor, why are you even telling me this." I took my hands off from him and started washing again.

"Because I'm with you."

That one line he spoke fast in confident once again tore me apart. I wish he knew how hard this is. When we're home after this party, the parents will wake me up at 2 am, sit with me, and give a long extended speech of how important a single happiness to Rena's condition that they care the most. Unlike I'm human too. Unlike she could fall for any other people except the one I do for. Unlike it's been happening to the last 3 guys in my life that she took away. How uneasy to compete with the better version of yourself because hey, people even mistaken us a lot. And of course, she's the star. And of course, at this stage, I'm tired of being her shadow.

"What do you say?" Connor grabbed my hand again.

"I don't know. We just met yesterday. It's not that you're gonna be here forever either."

"But I can compete with long distance."

"It's not even worth the fight." I shook my head. "Rena needs you. Go, go with the parents."

"No. I said no. You stop it!" He scolded me, although I know it's not what he intended to do.

"Alright. I'll stop."

I walked further to the backyard where we had the barbeque stuff, started cleaning the tools. Connor's eyes got a big hole on my back as he kept staring at me. But I don't mind. And I don't care. If a stare is all I got now, then I'll take it. At least I can be this close to my source of happiness before it's taken away.

I miss having a boyfriend.

Last time I checked, everything which used to be mine always been taken by her. Even my kidney. Even my love.