Chapter 4

RENELENE'S P.O.V

"Mom's calling out for dinner." Rena burst out came into my room without knocking. One thing I hate about her habit.

"Okay." I said without even looking at her.

"I said it's dinner time." She deepened her voice.

"And I said okay." I confronted back.

"What happened to you?!" She rushed to slam the door behind her and this time already stood before me.

"No. Wrong question, twin. What happened to you!" I said half crying.

"Wait what?" She studied my gesture. "Oh, it's about him."

"No. Overall it's about your attitude to people. Rena, people have seen enough! Stop complaining about life by barking it back to those who don't even take part of your life!" I tried to calm myself but ended up sniffing.

"They don't take part of my life? Who doesn't?!"

"Because you think everybody does! What's so matter about making some friends?"

"What's so matter about not making any friends!" She groaned at me. "Cmon. You hate life just like I do."

"I don't think so. I'm accepting who I am and learn not to throw it off to society." I closed my laptop. "Step aside."

"What did you just say?" Rena tightened her grip on my hand.

"Unclear enough? Step aside." I repeated my words.

"Are you joking? You think you can do it to me?" She hurt me by holding my wrist that tight.

"Not every spotlight has to come to your way." I glared her in rudest way I could, then left her alone.

"What's going on, sweetie?" Mom shook her head. "Don't do that..."

"Don't do what?" I sat on my usual side of dining table. "Because she can and I can't?"

"Rene..." Mom rubbed my back. "Let it go. She's your sister."

"And for that, I'm always the one to blame." I cried as well as unintendedly staring at my salad bowl.

"We have a dinner invitation tomorrow evening." Dad spoke in the not-so-right time, just when Rena joined the table.

"From our neighbor." Mom added, because neither of us asked further question.

"Mr. and Mrs. McDonough." Dad stared at me. "You know them, Rene?"

"Define know." I ate my food in silence.

"You went to theirs this afternoon." He held my hand.

"Hmm. Yeah that's true." I glared Rena. This isn't over.

"Then you'll start rising up your feeling." She chuckled rudely.

"Rena." Mom scolded her. "It's her right."

I just chuckled and cried at the same time inside my head. How funny my family is. It's always about Rena, and Rena only. It's like countless times I wish for God to take my life in anyways possible rather than living this life. I exist to be Rena's helper. And it hasn't changed since 19 years ago. If I was having the cancer, maybe the spotlight would be on me.

"You two have to dress up for tomorrow." Dad tried another way to break the ice after a 15 minutes silence.

"Dress up." Rena glanced at me. "You do it, sister. I'm not interested."

"You have to. Tomorrow's your birthday, girls." Mom softly stroked Rena's hair.

"And it's supposed to be better than a fake dinner." Rena kept talking like a boss.

"Can you stop it? I'm tired of it. Manila, and now even Orlando, yet you still don't know how to be a better person yourself. Be good with the neighbors for one freaking time, God's sake." I cursed inside.

Mom and Dad were staring at me with their complicated reaction. But no, this time, neither of them slapped me like usual. Glad I could raise up my concern without being scolded not to. It's hard, when you have a twin that differs from you in a million ways.

"I'll dress up." I nodded. "And I'm full."

I brought some plates from the table back to kitchen and washed it normally. It took me longer time rather than have to sit in there talking about the 'suppose to be's.

"Good girl." Mom joined me at the kitchen. "I'm proud of you."

"When the next donor will be?" I spoke straight into her eyes.

"I haven't called the hospital yet, baby. We'll let you know." She smiled softly.

"Hmm." I sighed. "I'll be upstairs if you need me."

"Alright. Take your time. Don't sleep too late." Mom kissed my cheek.

"You too."

I passed Dad and Rena in the living room as they cuddled each other in a blanket watching some Spongebob something on that flat screen. I don't care. I walked up to my room and locked the access. Please, even a donor also has a right of privacy.