Chapter 7

CONNOR'S P.O.V

"I'm not liking it, Mom." I threw my body to the couch.

"Not liking what?"

"The way they talk about how Rena and I end up together." I glared my parents. "No way."

"Hmm? We didn't say anything." Dad added. "Because you what, son? Liking another idea?"

"Because I know what they implied." I deepened my voice. "Parents should never step on that line."

"We're not doing that honey. It's your call." Mom wrapped my neck from behind. "Release your tension. I know what you mean."

"Know what?" I turned around.

"Renelene, the twin?" She smiled softly. "I understand."

"Mom..." I sighed inside. "Is it bad that I...don't like rude girls?"

"Not at all, honey. My boy knows how to choose." Mom sat by Dad's side.

"True. If you say no, then it's a no." Dad added.

"Glad to know you're on the right path, dude." Riley fistbumped me.

"Is it possible that the parents actually give it up to Renelene and yourself, instead of checking on your every decision?" Toby ate some chips.

"Bro." Riley shook his head at him.

"I know. It's hard." I bowed my head. "But at least my family's with me."

"Heeey...always, always." Toby side-hugged me.

I told them I need some time to think about everything, so they excused me to go upstairs earlier than before. I locked myself all night long. No more social media update. World out. Just me and my guitar tonight, and my complicated thoughts about her.

Lastly, I was about to close my window curtain until a silhouette caught my attention again. Just like the other day. It was her. Got slapped my somebody else.

RENELENE'S P.O.V

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, GIRL?!" Dad threw all my photograph project from my table.

"Dad...what did I do wrong?"  I tried so hard to stand still, pretending to comb my hair.

"What was that??? What I told you about giving it up to Rena?!" His voice just got deeper and bigger, scolded me.

"I... I didn't do anything. It still is. Everything for Rena." I swept my tears. There's no point anymore to hold the cry. "Yet it's still wrong for you."

"BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH!" Dad slapped my cheek. Finally.

I didn't do anything to stop him from doing that. Mom? She's there standing by my door, looking pity at me but of course didn't step in to check on me. Simply because I'm not Rena. And for that reason, Dad kept slapping my cheek and pulled my hair with some other hurtful rants like I wasn't their daughter. I swear to you, I wish I wasn't. It'd be easier probably.

"YOU UNDERSTAND?!" That one last line shocked me.

"I do..." I nodded slowly. My cheeks were hurt. There was all my hair fall on the floor.

"Good. You do good, or you probably don't belong here!" Dad pointed his finger on me then left.

"Oh my gosh..." I breathed out right after they closed my door.

I combed my hair once again in tears. In deep hurtful feeling. I probably was born to support Rena's health. That I'm not that lucky to be her real twin, like a twin supposed to be. Maybe I dreamed too much, about being this close to the band who saved my life. Maybe I was too much, considering they could help me pick up the pieces. It was broken too hard. Some pieces are never meant to be put together anymore.

I closed my window curtain to cry it out loud. Needless to say it was so out of the blue. The neighbors might have seen and heard what just happened here. But... Okay, let's just runaway tonight.