Chapter 9

RENELENE'S P.O.V

I woke up this morning to a dark blue ceiling and a fan above. Definitely not my room. Definitely not Connor's too. Last night...wasn't I...

"Morning."

"Hey." I sat on the bed. "Why are you here?"

"We slept here last night." He shaved in the bathroom but still talked to me.

"We did?" I looked around. "Where are we?"

"Dennis' house." He smiled through the mirror.

"Oh my gosh. Brief me more. Who's Dennis?" I sighed. My head's pounding.

"The barista, Re. We're in his cafe last night. You're running away from home and I caught you sitting there by yourself, remember? So we of course need a place to sleep. So Dennis is my old friend that I just realized. So he gave us his place. End of story."

"Uh..." I couldn't argue more. So it's real, I ran away from home.

"You wanna come home?"

"Not exactly." I shook my head. "My parents would kill me."

"Either way." Connor smirked.

"And what is the point of that smirk?" I threw him his tee.

"Hahaha." He sat in front of me. "Either way, I'm with you. They can never slap you anymore like that."

"You...you saw...that?" I stepped back, covered my face with a pillow.

"Rene, you don't have to carry everything." Connor held my shoulders. "Let loose. I'm with you, always."

"You're not allowed..." I whispered.

"We can forever argue about this and no, I'm still not doing it. Your parents have no right to tell me what to do." He groaned inside.

I saw him in the eyes, and ended up crying. I can't hold it anymore. Home isn't home anymore, and I seriously am scared to come back. I don't even know how Connor would help me, because how, seems like he couldn't. Nobody could.

"Let's go home and meet your parents." Connor fixed his hair, took my purse, and gave his hand to me.

"Meet what?" I choked. "You're joking."

"No. I have a plan. Cmon!"

"Con... Don't do this!" I struggled so hard but how, his power is always bigger than mine and yes he dragged me out.

We met Dennis the barista downstairs. So this coffee shop has a room upstairs that is his. I thanked Dennis over and over again for letting us stay for a night in here. We might have caused him to stay in somewhere else because we took his room.

"Drive safely guys!" He waved away.

"Thank you." I nodded and smiled at Dennis, with Connor by my side.

"Thanks bro!" Connor added. "Alright. Let's go."

I was all in silence as we drove back to our block. Pretty far though. Can't believe I was by my own feet running toward Dennis' coffee shop which was really really far. It took us almost 20 minutes to reach home. Remind me what happened last night.

"Okay. Let's see." Connor held my hand. "You just stand by me. Let me talk to them."

"Hmm..." I just threw my sight everywhere, couldn't hold the fact that I know what's gonna happen next.

Connor opened the door for me, smiled softly. Oh, so he started to act like nothing happened. Fingers cross, Jesus, please make him do the right thing. No more slaps. My cheeks are hurt.