Happy little pill

Chapter IV

----------

Happy little pill

----------

* * *Day Three* * *

Taehyung thought he might have fallen in love. Logically thinking, it was impossible, he barely knew Jungkook, they had been seeing each other for two days, love was out of the question.

Yet, Taehyung had an incredible urge to scream out the window that he loved Jungkook and he wanted to make him his.

It wasn't a good sign. At all.

Taehyung had no right to fall in love with Jungkook, he even promised himself he wouldn't get attached. Jungkook would leave soon, he was aware of that and at peace with it.

No need to panic.

"Tae..." Jimin smiled watching Taehyung walk restlessly around the living room, trying to focus on his coffee. "You are overthinking everything again. I was about to praise you for giving in to your feelings for the week..."

Taehyung stopped and just looked at his friend, a bewildered look on his face. "I am the embodiment of an existential crisis, Jimin, how could I not overthink this?"

"I talked to Yoongi yesterday. You know, he's is pretty close to Jungkook." Jimin mentioned, grinning.

"You didn't tell him about me and Jungkook, right?" Taehyung asked, tone making the question sound dangerously close to a threat.

"I didn't have to," Jimin snickered. "He already knew, Jungkook is going through the same thing you are, Tae."

"I mean, that's good. It means I haven't gone mad and it isn't just me who feels the way I do." He tried to reassure himself.

However, the issue at hand wasn't the insecurity that Jungkook wouldn't reciprocate his feelings, especially after the previous night. The actual dilemma was that the little adventure they had was about to negatively impact both of them, most likely affecting their future decisions.

Leaving your own country to study in a different one was difficult to begin with. Taehyung felt like he was dragging Jungkook back, and no matter how much he was sure of himself that he would survive the aftereffect, he knew that Jungkook would suffer the most.

He couldn't do something like that, not to Jungkook.

"Jimin, did Yoongi tell you whether Jungkook felt conflicted? Scared? Regretful?" Taehyung took a seat beside his friend, sipping from his long-forgotten, ice-cold coffee.

"Hmm." Jimin entered his cute memory recovery state. "I think it was a joke, Taehyung. So, if I'm telling you this, you will just take the joke it is. Alright?"

"What? Is it a bad joke?"

"He said something along the lines of Jungkook is a step away from staying. I mean, he won't stay, but that's how much he enjoys your presence." Jimin said carefully, not knowing exactly whether he should have said that or not. Taehyung could read the uneasiness on his face.

"Alright. A joke. It's not like I wouldn't dream of him staying, but I don't want him to. It's better if he leaves." Taehyung tried to encourage himself.

He balanced the possibilities he had, going over and over them again.

Taehyung was happy, he was happier than he had ever been, Jungkook managed to get him out of the constant, monotonous bubble he had been living in for the past few years, and gave Taehyung's life a new meaning.