Distance makes the heart grow fonder

Chapter VIII

----------

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

----------

*

Play it back and press rewind

To when you traced your fingers, drew my spine

Lost its beat and so I find

Starve my heart of touch and time

*

"Jungkook, wake up, you have a visitor!" Jungkook hears his mom's voice through his sweet morning oversleeping, refusing to get out of the dreamy state he was in. "Jeon Jungkook, I'm not gonna say it again! Someone is waiting in the kitchen, move your ass downstairs." Growling, Jungkook manages to drag himself out of the bed, quickly goes to the bathroom to wash his face and teeth.

When he finally goes downstairs, he is surprised to meet an unexpected person.

"Jimin?" Jungkook asks, face bewildered, Jimin being one of the least people he was expecting to see.

Jimin is a good friend to Jungkook, he helped him throughout the years with advice, he is very nice to talk to, and his personality always brightens the mood. However, Jungkook didn't have the chance to meet Jimin, just the two of them, up until now.

Throughout the five years when he had been in Japan, Yoongi and Jimin had visited him twice, and they spent some time together, talked about a lot of things, had fun, and shared experiences, yet Jungkook would lie to say that he and Jimin were half as close as he was with Yoongi, whom he entrusted all his secrets with.

"Long time no see, delivery boy." Jimin smirks, fanning his fingers, something close to a wave, as nonchalant but charming as always.

"What a.. surprise?" Jungkook half-laughs, half-cries, because it was nine am on a Saturday and he was not really ready for Jimin. Even though he missed him.

He wanted to see Jimin and was looking forward to it. However, the night of this particular day was about to bring them all together. Hoseok intended to throw a small welcome back party for Jungkook, or as he loved to call it, a "welcome back warm gathering." Jimin, Yoongi, and many other friends were about to meet Jungkook.

That's why, it takes Jungkook off-guard the moment he meets Jimin, waiting in his kitchen.

Jungkook's mom leaves the room as soon as she places two cups of coffee in front of them, giving them the privacy they need. His mom still had weekends off from time to time. Jungkook is grateful for her coffee, it was much better than the coffee the new houselady was making.

"Feels nice to see you, reminds me of when we were teenagers."

Jungkook just nods, a bit shy. "Even though we didn't know each other that well back then." He doesn't actually know what to say to Jimin. He has never been in his presence without Yoongi.

"You mean you didn't know me." Jimin winks, making red creep on Jungkook's cheeks.

"Did Tae talk about me a lot, back then?" He dares to ask, not really understanding why he did it. He has no idea why he keeps bringing Taehyung back.

He needs to get himself together.

Jimin giggles and decides to stop teasing, his demeanor changing into a more serious one. "Well, yeah, he.. Did."