I am picturing you beside me

Chapter X

----------

I am picturing you beside me

----------

*

Now I don't sleep unless your body's on me

I won't feel right until we can be

Underneath everything that's between

I'm undone about to burst at my seams

'Cause I am picturing you beside me

So let me be everything that you need

*

Taehyung had all the rights in the world to refuse Jungkook, he had all the rights in the world to tell Jungkook that they were never going to stand a chance, yet, he didn't tell Jungkook no.

He didn't even imply it.

What he said was that they couldn't be friends.

Taehyung's letter was the final straw for Jungkook. He reread the text over and over and thought it through.

Why would Taehyung tell him all of that if he had no feelings left for him? Why would it be hard for Taehyung to be Jungkook's friend if he had no feelings left for him?

More than anything, Taehyung implied that Jungkook has moved on, and he didn't.

And Jungkook... he didn't tell him that he has got the wrong idea.

For the past few weeks, he had tried to balance the chances he had and create an action plan. Every time something comes across his mind, it fails miserably, because Jungkook is talented at sabotaging himself. He ends up convincing himself that it would not work, that he would scare Taehyung off, and ruin everything.

Jungkook had the chance to talk to Yoongi and Jimin about Seojoon several times after the night of Seokjin's new book release celebration.

Jimin explained to Jungkook that they had no idea Seojoon was going to be there that night specifically. Jimin also mentioned that everyone in their group knew that at some point Seojoon was in love with Taehyung, but it happened years ago.

With Seojoon being refused over and over, all of them assumed that his feelings faded away to a degree, and what was left between him and Taehyung was just a close friendship. Jimin also mentioned that Taehyung never showed any romantic interest in him, that's why he never thought he needed to be mentioned to Jungkook.

Yoongi was the one who suggested that Jungkook's name and presence might have been a trigger for Seojoon as well, but they all agreed that indeed he meant no harm and that he was right.

Jungkook is grateful that Seojoon decided to be honest to him and splash some reality into his face, and he is also happy to know that the feelings Seojoon had for Taehyung weren't that strong anymore.

Maybe he wouldn't admit to it, but as long as he tried to help Jungkook, he was also on his way to finding closure and accepting that he needs to move on.

Thanks to him, Jungkook still believes that there is a small chance to get Taehyung back, but doesn't have it in him to approach Taehyung.

Yet.