I just keep on looking back on better days

Chapter IX

----------

I just keep on looking back on better days

----------

*

I was so broken over you

Life it goes on, what can you do?

I just wonder what it's gonna take

Another foreign or a bigger chain

Because no matter how my life has changed

I just keep on looking back on better days

*

A few weeks have passed since the welcome back party and Jungkook managed to create a routine.

His new job is a lot better than his old one because it gives him the possibility to choose his working hours, due to handling multiple projects with deadlines.

He has the great opportunity to switch between working from home and at the office, which is greatly appreciated. He needs time to adjust to being back, and having control over his working hours is excellent for Jungkook.

On top of that, he is really glad that his parents agreed to have him over for a while, even though he has already started apartment hunting. He likes being surrounded by his family, especially since he hadn't lived with them for years, but his salary was enough for him to pay for his own rent, and he'd rather live on his own than depend on his parents.

-

It is a bright Wednesday morning and Jungkook works on one of his projects when the phone rings and startles him.

There is no saved contact for the number, so Jungkook just frowns and picks up. "Good morning?"

"Good morning, thanks for picking up!" The man on the other end of the line replies and something about his voice is very familiar as if Jungkook has exchanged words with him in the past.

However, he doesn't want to make a fool of himself, so he waits for the other to continue.

"You don't sound like you have saved my number." The man wails almost in a fake manner and the voice starts ringing bells in Jungkook's head.

"Wait, Seokjin? Is that you?"

"Yes, the one and only." The sass is ever so present, it was obviously him. Jungkook is surprised he didn't recognize the voice from the first second he picked up.

Even though Taehyung's cousin wasn't very close to Jungkook, he was close to Taehyung, Jimin, and the others, so eventually, they got to know each other.

Firstly, Jungkook exchanged a few words with Seokjin during the party Hoseok has organized, and, after that, he got to know him a bit better during the past few weeks.

Jungkook learned that he was an amazing human being, friendly, always ready to share his experiences with his friends, and holding a confidence Jungkook could only admire.

"Did something happen?" Jungkook asks, because in contrast to how much he likes Seokjin and his personality, they have never talked privately before, and it almost worries Jungkook that something might have happened.

"Oh, no, actually it was the opposite," Seokjin reassures Jungkook, voice calm and genial. "I made a reservation at a good restaurant in Itaewon to celebrate the release of my new book, and I want to invite you too. It will happen on Friday. You can't say no." Jungkook feels Seokjin's good intentions and warm voice through the phone, determining him to accept right away.