Take yourself home

Chapter 7

----------

Take yourself home

----------

*

Talk to me

There's nothing that can't be fixed with some honesty

And how it got this dark is just beyond to me

*

Taking in the winter breeze, Jungkook stops for a cigarette a few meters away from the bus stop, waiting for his uber ride.

Cold winters in Osaka were never that bad, it barely snowed two times since he moved here, but besides that, it was only rain and sleet. He couldn't say that he enjoys the rainy weather either.

Music is blasting in Jungkook's earbuds, while he is focusing on thinking of nothing, if possible.

He does that a lot recently. He likes to zone out and take a break from his busy life.

Things have been pretty chaotic for Jungkook recently. He finished his studies one year ago, deciding it was for the best to take on a job offer he was given there, in Japan.

It looked promising at first, and Jungkook was looking forward to taking part in such a huge gaming project.

He didn't mind being buried in work, working extra hours, using his potential fully.

He is currently working for a gaming company he was a fan of even before he started attending university. It has been a nice experience so far, exactly what he wants to do, he loves it.

But he had been feeling lonely. And without realizing it, being buried in work squeezed the life out of him.

Since moving to Japan, Jungkook made a lot of new friends, he could even call some of them his Japanese family. He met some of them in university, others at his old part-time jobs, and he keeps some of them close to his heart, but they could be counted on one hand.

It feels lonely to be away from his family, although he isn't alone, per se.

At first, he came to Japan alone, with one dream and his determination only.

It was perfect for a while, but now, years later, he feels tired. Every time he thinks of living his life like this, a lump would emerge in his throat, a suffocating sensation creeping his whole body.

With the passing years, Jungkook started to understand himself and identified the root source of his fear.

He wants to go back home.

-

"How was work today, Guk? " Yoongi asks Jungkook while the two of them are connected on Discord, playing League of Legends, a multiplayer online game.

"I don't know, the usual I guess." Jungkook isn't in the mood to talk too much today, but he couldn't refuse Yoongi, not when Jungkook owns him so much.

"How are things going with Haru?" Yoongi dares to continue about Jungkook's friend as if he didn't explain a million times that he has nothing to do with him anymore. It irritates Jungkook.

On top of it, it isn't Yoongi's style to insist on something knowing that Jungkook doesn't want to talk about it.

"Yoongi, you know... When I told you two months ago that we are not it, it was for real. I broke up with him because he needed more than I could offer him, also, he was jealous of... My work... I guess?"