We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue

Chapter 5

----------

We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue

----------

* * *Day Five* * *

Taehyung woke up that morning feeling like he had been run over by a truck. He opened his eyes just to find himself on the couch covered by a thin blanket. Mind fuzzy, not exactly remembering what had happened the previous night and how he fell asleep, he assumed Jungkook had already left.

He dragged himself to the kitchen to make a fresh cup of coffee and maybe text Jungkook.

"Morning, I made coffee," Jungkook welcomed him the moment he stepped into the kitchen, startling Taehyung.

"What the fuck?" Taehyung failed to raise his foot over the kitchen threshold, taken aback by the surprising presence in his kitchen. He managed to trip and almost twisted his ankle in the process.

Worried, Jungkook hurried towards Taehyung, holding him until he managed to to regain his balance, groaning.

"Why do you look like you weren't expecting me to be here?" He offered a bright grin, matching the radiance of the morning.

"I didn't." He admitted. "I don't use my brain too much in the morning. I need a coffee before I can actually start using it." Taehyung replied, taking a seat at the kitchen table, accepting the coffee Jungkook prepared for him.

Taehyung sipped from his delicious coffee, enjoying the bitter yet sweet taste. It wasn't as sweet as the coffee he would make, but he liked it because it was different.

The bitter coffee taste that would always remind him of Jungkook.

His thoughts flew to the previous night. They had a lot of fun together cleaning the kitchen, eating the dinner Jungkook brought, even though it was cold by the time they ate it. Even spending time together and talking while watching TV was enjoyable.

It felt amazing. Taehyung had the chance to hold Jungkook in his arms, to feel his warmth, to hear his heartbeat whenever he was resting his head against Jungkook's chest.

Maybe he had been wrong after all, maybe avoiding Jungkook wouldn't ease the pain, in fact, the regrets surfacing later might hurt even more.

He didn't want to add regret to whatever was about to come. At least he didn't waste the opportunity while he still had it.

Because when Jungkook would leave, they will have memories, and memories stay forever.

"Thanks for the coffee, Guk." He smiled as Jungkook dragged a chair closer to him and took a seat.

"Welcome, sleepyhead." Jungkook replied, front bunny teeth on display.

"Aren't you a bit too spirited this early in the morning?" Taehyung replied, one eyebrow raised.

"Morning was two hours ago when I woke up." Jungkook smirked, placing a soft kiss on Taehyung's wrinkled forehead.

"I mean, yeah, ok, you didn't wake me up so you can have all the house to yourself?"

"No hard feelings. "Jungkook raised his hands defensively. "I haven't touched a thing 'cause I didn't have the time. I was very busy."

"Um, doing what?"

"Admiring you." Jungkook replied nonchalantly.

"Stalker." Taehyung placed a hand on his face, pushing him away jokingly.