three

^ that's her house lol

After putting out the fires and getting everyone to the hospitals or leading them to shelter areas, the team went back to the firehouse and hit the showers.  Anastasia's hair was still damp when she walked back into the locker room, now wearing light wash jeans, a white cropped tank top and white air forces.  However, when she walked in, Buck was mid-sentence.  "We should hit up that bar on Pico to celebrate.  You know, the one with the loaded fries, first round's on me."  Buck cheered enthusiastically.

One by one, the team started explaining why they wouldn't be able to go.  Eddie's son, Christopher, was hosting a sleepover, Hen and her wife were going on a date, as were Bobby and his wife, and Chimney and his girlfriend, who Anastasia just discovered was Buck's sister.  Everyone had left after their explanations, so the only ones left in the locker room were Buck and Anastasia.

Buck turned to her expectantly, so Anastasia went on to explain, "I'm free, but I have to check on my dog first."

"Wait, really?  You don't have a date or someone to meet up with?"

"Unless you count a two year old Rottweiler who's been alone for a few hours a date, then no.  His sitter only watches him for five hours, so I have to go give him in dinner."

"Dinner?  Like fill his bowl with kibble?"

"Not exactly, he's kind of picky."  Anastasia shrugged, grabbing her now empty personal duffel bag and the one the department gave her as the two started walking to where their cars were parked.  "So what's in the loaded fries?"

The two walked completely out of the firehouse, now strolling through the parking area. "Well, there's a couple. My favorite's the bacon and cheese but there's chili cheese fries, bacon ranch fries, buffalo chicken fries, and there's a vegetarian one in case you don't eat the other ones."  Buck explained.  "Wait, do you even know where Pico is?  Because I could follow you to your house and then we could take my car?"

By then, the two had gotten to where they had parked, coincidentally right next to each other and with the same car in different colors. "Uh, sure. I only live like 20 minutes away."

"Cool, I'll follow you!"

Buck ran around his car to get into his own and once Anastasia backed out of her space, he followed suit. Since it was late at night, the streets were pretty empty compared to the usual traffic, so it was fairly for Buck and his Jeep to be directly behind her and her Jeep. Both cars pulled into the driveway of the one-story, Spanish Bungalow house, and when Anastasia got out with her stuff, Buck followed her to the front door.

Once Anastasia opened the front door, Tatum barked and ran over excitedly before he started running in circles as if he was chasing his tail. When Buck walked in, Tatum paused before running to grab a toy and dropping it at his feet. "Huh, usually he tries to attack guys he doesn't know." Anastasia commented in astonishment.

With Tatum sitting down, looking up at Buck with one of his favorite toys at his feet, Buck felt comfortable enough bending down to pick it up while Anastasia went to put together his dinner. "Dude, what does she feed you? You're huge." Buck whispered, running a hand over Tatum's soft fur while the two were pretty much playing tug of war.

In the kitchen, Tatum's bowl was currently filled with a little bit of kibble, pumpkin purée, bone broth, broccoli, an egg, a few pieces of raw meat that she only has for him since she's vegetarian, half a mango since that was his favorite fruit, and a couple of vitamins for his coat and joints. "Tatum, ven aquí papá."

Instantly dropping the toy he was previously trying to take out of Buck's hands, Tatum run over to the kitchen and left him sitting on the couch.  He sat down and looked up at Anastasia, and once she said "eat", he didn't waste a second before stuffing his face into the bowl. 

With him preoccupied, Anastasia walked to the living room to see Buck trying to juggle a couple of Tatum's toys.  "So where's this bar with the loaded fries?"

× × ×

The drive from Anastasia's house to the bar on Pico street was silent up to a certain point. however, the bar was actually really close to her house, so there wasn't much time to talk or sit in silence. "And you're absolutely sure this is a birthmark and not a burn?  Because it looks like you pressed a curling iron to your eyebrow." Anastasia laughed, walking into the bar when Buck opened the front door and waved her to go in before him.

"I'm serious. I have baby pictures to prove it, fresh out of the womb." He explained, following behind her to the bar counter to request two beers and menus.

The bar was pretty empty and dark. There were only about five other customers so the music wasn't too loud, and the lights around the building were pretty dim. The brightest ones had to be the ones that looked like they were in a glass jar above the actual drink area. Overall it gave a kind of rustic feel because of all the wood and taxidermy animals on the wall.

While waiting for their orders, Anastasia and Bu k took a seat at the counter, so they were able to watch the TV, which was currently displaying the apartment fire and how Buck dropped onto the cushion once the fire snapped his rope. With his face popping up onto the screen multiple times, Anastasia nudged him teasingly with her elbow while he smiled sheepishly. However, the older man on the other side of him had a different reaction. "Idiot."

"Excuse me?" As mentioned before, his face showed up on the screen multiple times and the man next to him was close enough to get a good look at Buck in person, so Buck assumed he was talking directly to him.

"Running into a hellfire like that, pulling rope stunts. Only a moron would do something that reckless." He further explained, and coincidentally, the beers and menu were dropped off in front of the two.

"Those 'morons' are saving lives. They're heroes."

"Damn straight.  LAFD, best and bravest on God's green earth, right?"  He laughed.

After that sentiment, Buck eased up and approached him less defensive.  "You used to be a firefighter?"

The older man shook his head in disapproval. "Still am, retirement doesn't take that away from you, it's part of you." He explained. "Red Delacroix." He introduced himself.

"Evan Buckley. Buck. And this is Anastasia Valdez. We work with the 118." Evan explained to Red while Anastasia just waved.

"Really?  You're with this idiot?"

Anastasia let out a laugh, while Buck's jaw dropped in offense.  "This was my first shift with the LAFD, I just moved from Florida.  Buck was talking about the loaded fries and everyone else was busy."

"Oh, so you're on a date out of pity?  Idiotic and lonely is a dangerous combination."

"No, we just met this morning.  And I take offense to that comment."

tatum eats like those dogs on tiktok so he's living his best life 😩  okay but fr what's ur favorite season of the show??  bc s3 and s4 are most chaotic and memorable imo

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️🦈