five

To say that Evan and Red grew close over the next few days would be an understatement

To say that Evan and Red grew close over the next few days would be an understatement. After what Anastasia had said about thinking that Evan sees some of himself in Red and it's why he cares so much about him, he eventually found out how true that was the more time they spent together. Red has said that he lived his life with a lot of regrets, the main one being that he lost the love of his life because of the job, so Evan thought he'd try to bring some happiness back into his life by finding his ex-fiance and reuniting them upon discovering that her husband has been dead for a few years. While they were spending time together, Anastasia was sleeping in and taking Tatum to the dog park to find him some friends in the neighborhood.

During the next shift, Station 118 was surprisingly having a slow day, so it mainly consisted of pool, food, and their everyday conversations. The craziest thing of the day was that a contestant from a cooking show had somehow impaled his heart with what looked to be like a fancy Cool-Whip bottle. On the ride to the hospital, Hen had prepared an open surgery, which ultimately saved his life, but pissed of the hospital, and made the team buy her her own doctor's coat for her good work.

During a "free period", the time where the team wasn't needed out in the field, everyone was spread out around the house.  Some people were cleaning the trucks, Bobby was doing paperwork, some people were finally eating and some people were using the small gym downstairs by the locker room.  Since everyone was just lounging around, they were all just wearing their LAFD shirts, no badge or nameplate, and just completely gear free. 

Out of all the things to do around the house, Evan was sitting at the head of the dining table just staring at the centerpiece and dazing out from reality.  Coming upstairs to grab food, Anastasia spotted him and approached.  "I can see the gears in your head turning from across the station, B. What are you planning?"

Evan looked up from staring at the centerpiece on the dining table, making eye contact with the new firefighter and his new friend. "Remember how I told you about Red being in the hospital with only a little bit of time to live?"

"Of course, it's not exactly an easy thing to forget.  Red's a sweetheart, the whole situation sucks."  Anastasia sighed out as she sat down beside Evan, crossing her arms in front of her chest and leaning on the table.  "Thinking about it more will only make you more upset."

"No, I know.  I just— he doesn't have anyone.  He's a hero on his deathbed, and he has no one to visit him or to turn to."  Evan explained in frustration.  All he knew was that if he were Red —John— then he wouldn't want to be alone at the end of the road. "I want him to know that there's still people who appreciate his work with the department. Would it be crazy if I brought everyone to visit him at the hospital? And give him a send off? Nothing huge, but like maybe one firetruck for him to ride off in."