thirty one

One of the things the 118 prided itself on was that they were really like a happy family, from the supportiveness in everything they do to the family dinners

One of the things the 118 prided itself on was that they were really like a happy family, from the supportiveness in everything they do to the family dinners.  Hen's decision to go to med school, Howie having a baby, and Eddie and Buck getting girlfriends, the house told each other everything the way a family would.  Bobby made everyone dinner, obviously, so everyone sat around the table and started loading their plates.  The guys always let the girls get their food first, so there was protest when Buck reached for food, until he started putting food on Anastasia's plate.

"You guys make me sick."  Howie commented, watching the two with his eyes narrowed from across the table.

"Quiet, Howard.  I'm being a good boyfriend."  Buck told him over the multiple conversations already being had at the table.  He just pointed at everything set out, and whenever Anastasia nodded, he started putting that food onto her plate until she told him to stop.  Occasionally, he added a little extra because her "body needs its fuel."  When the two girls finished, the guys went in and the girls waited, despite the garlic bread smell wafting to their noses and tempting them.

"So, any updates on Baby Buckley-Han? She was due like two weeks ago."

"Nope, and she clearly doesn't want to come out anytime soon. Maddie and I have tried every possible labor-inducing method, and nothing's changed. We also still haven't chosen a name, so maybe she's waiting for us to do that before entering the world."

"I don't think you have to stress so much."  Eddie began.  "Before we had Christopher, we didn't know what we were going to name him.  Then, when he was born, we looked at him and just knew."

Everyone in the house knew and loved Christopher.  He was one of the happiest kids they all knew and he loved safely playing around the station, so what Eddie said definitely gave Howie some reassurance.  "I actually suggested that earlier today, and then she called me a psycho.  Something about Norman Bates."

Up until a few weeks ago, Chimney was nothing if not excited and anxious.  Now, he was impatient too, and with majority of the team having kids of their own, aka everyone except the new young couple, he turned to them for advice.  "Howie, you guys planned for the scenario where the hospital runs out of power.  If all you need is a baby name, I think you'll be fine."  Anastasia stated, everyone else agreeing with her.

After his girlfriend gave her two cents, Buck nodded but then said, "I was thinking you should name her like Evelyn or Evangeline."

Anastasia shook her head at his persistence to have the baby named after him.  "Or name her something meaningful, that you'll both love."

"You have a pretty name, is that how your parents chose yours?"  Howie asked from across the table.

"I was named after one of my great grandmothers, but she got the name because it was in the Bible."  She explained to the team.  "And for whatever reason, my parents let me name my little sister, Luna.  It's not a bad name, but they definitely put too much faith into a 4-year-old."