we found diamonds

it took us a while but eventually we found our way to the seats lighting had reserved for us. immediately after sitting we were greeting by waitresses, waiters and bartenders ready to accommodate to our needs. i was slightly embarrassed and a bit overwhelmed, but gabe was completely living it up, so i bit my tongue and went along with whatever he wanted. soon stephen found his way to our seats and we made idle chat until the announcers voice loudly came over the speakers.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EVENING FOLKS! THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING OUT HERE TONIGHT! WE GOT A BIG RACE IN STORE FOR YOU TONIGHT!" gabe grabbed my hand as the announcer's voice loudly got the crowd hyped up for the race that was about to take place. stephen leaned over to whisper something to me, but he was quickly drowned out by the sounds of engines revving. i absentmindedly nodded at him while frantically searching for the #95 racecar i had grown to love.

"ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" the announcer yelled as the cars took off in a fury of dust and exhaust. lighting had instantly taken the lead, causing the crowd to go absolutely wild. i was completely captivated by the race that i didn't notice the beautiful woman in blue approach stephen and i. i wasn't focused on anything but the race, i could hear my name being called as someone tried to get my attention. finally stephen snapped me out of it, i turned to face him to see what he could possibly want and i was greeted by the big fake smile of sally, lightning mcqueens real girlfriend. 

sorry its a shitty short chapter D: