party time, excellent

There was a quick tap on my shoulder, I turn around to see the manager looking man who was with Lightning earlier.

"Hello?" I ask timidly.

"Ello Luv, I'm Stephen, Lightning Mcqueen's manger." he says in a confident tone.

"Awesome, so how can I help you?"

"You're a firecracker, huh? Well, Lighting is having a victory party to celebrate his win. He's extended the invitation to you."

"Wow, what a kind offer. Well, I'll unfortunately have to pass, I'm here with my brother."

"No bother, the more the merrier," he says, and then introduces himself to Gabe. I ask Stephen to give Gabe and I a moment, he nods and walks a short distance away. Gabe starts begging for us to go and tells me "its a once and a lifetime opportunity, and he can meet his hero!", I sigh and agree.

Gabe excitedly goes to tell Stephen the news, Stephen smiles and ushers us to the isle and bodyguards meet up as we make it to the exit, Stephen leads us into a car and tells the driver to take us to the McMansion. Gabe and Stephen make small talk while I text mom to let her know what's happening. We finally arrive at the 'McMansion' and Stephen leads us into the party, he gives me a glass of champagne and Gabe a glass of sparkling apple cider to make him feel included. All of a sudden everyone starts cheering, Gabe and I look over to see Lightning and some chick hanging off of his arm. My heart is beating fast and my face is red, partly because Lightning is here and partly because of the girl whos with him. Why are you jealous? You've never even spoken to him. Get it together Y/N! you think angrily to yourself. You and Lightning make eye contact and his face lights up, he says something to the girl and she walks off leaving him beelining for you.

Lighting greets Stephen warmly and then turns to you and Gabe, you nudge Gabe and he nervously introduces himself. They talk for a minute and Lighting signs Gabe's shirt, then Lighting whispers something to Stephen, Stephen whisks Gabe away to go meet more of the racers, and soon its just you and Lighting. 

"McQueen, Lightning McQueen." he says and extends his hand for you to shake.

"L/N, Y/N L/N." you say shaking his hand back.

"So, you're a fan?" he asks, smirking at your shirt.

"My brother wouldn't let me leave with house without being properly dressed. I'll be honest with you McQueen, I didn't want to go."

"Then why were you cheering for me?"

"Just trying to be a good sister."

He looked at me, like he was trying to figure me out, all of a sudden Chuck 'accidentally' bumped into Lightning. Lightning's drink spilled all over my sweater, I internally groaned and Chuck started apologizing profusely, Lightning waved him away. "Come with me, ill get you something to change into" he said with a smirk and lead me upstairs.