stream white noise by will wood

Time seemed to slow down as I watched the scene in front of me. Lightning's car slid right off the tracks and into one of the walls. There was a loud crash and the whole audience gasped. I didn't know what to do, I could feel the panic rising inside of me. My thoughts were racing as I felt a warm hand on mine. I looked up to see Stephen taking my hand, tears started forming in my eyes as he helped me up from my seat.

"I-i need to s-see him!" I said, finally finding my voice.

"I know, I know. Let's go then." Stephen said, leading Sally, Gabe and I down to the crash.

We were walking through the back of the building, trying to find our way to lightning when the whole stadium erupted into cheers. I jumped at the sudden noise but felt some sort of hope rise inside of me.

"Stephen, is he okay? Is that why they're cheering?" Sally asked through tears.

"Uh, maybe? I don't know Sal, we're not in the stadium able to see what's happening, are we?" he said bitterly.

"God! No need to be an asshole! MY fiance could be dead! I don't need this bullshit right now."

"Look Sally, I'm sor-"

"Save it." Sally said, storming off on her own to see what was happening.

Stephen sighed and continued to lead us down to the racetrack, not correcting sally as she walked off in the wrong direction. When we finally arrived a wave of relief washed over me as I saw Lightning. His face was bleeding, and he was most deferentially bruised under his racing outfit, but he seemed okay. He smiled slightly as he saw us walk in, Gabe and Stephen rushed over to him, bombarding him with questions.

"I'm fine, I'm fine! I've been in worse accidents. Some bastard hit me from behind and sent me flying, it's not too serious." Lighting said with a chuckle.

"Not too serious? You could've died!" Stephen scoffed back at him.

Laughing at their bickering, I gathered my courage and walked over to them. Lighting shot me a winning grin as he patted the spot next to him, welcoming me to sit. I sat down, a mixture of feelings bubbling up inside me.

"I-i was so worried about you... h-how can you be so c-calm after all that?!" I said, angry at how much he didn't care about what just happened.

"Oh darling, you don't need to worry about me. I can take much worse than a little crash" he said with a smirk.

Stephen and a few doctors came and spoke to lighting making sure he was okay. I sat quietly next to him, lost in thought. I felt his hand grab mine and squeeze it, I looked up at him but he was speaking to everyone as if he had never touched me. I sighed and squeezed his hand back. Taking his hand into my lap, I started tracing hearts on his palm. I saw his face turn red as he tried to keep his cool speaking to everyone. Stephen must have noticed because he quickly turned his attention to me.

"Well, I think we've had enough fun here for one day. What do you say you, Gabe, and I go grab some dinner?" Stephen asked me, his eyes glaring at Lighting's hand in my lap.

"Oh, uh, yeah sure. That sounds good. Are you cool with that Gabe?" I asked, letting go of Lighting's hand.

Gabe nodded and I stood up. Stephen smirked at lighting and threw his arm over my shoulder, leading us out of the room. Sally ran in as we were walking out, and I turned my head to see her and lightning holding each other. I sucked in a sharp breath and lighting and I made eye contact. Holding his stare, I kissed Stephen on the cheek and we headed off to go grab dinner.

idk anymore man, enjoy whatever this garbage is. thanks for all the nice comments and support through this god-awful story, I hope this fuels whatever you need it to <3