chaAAAAPTER 5

As you tell the story, Meenah paces and Aranea just gapes at you. You don't have too much to tell though, seeing as how you didn't see much, just what you heard. When Kurloz is questioned, he just looks away, obviously he won't talk about it, even if he could.

"So, he was serious about the whole 'impending doom' thing." Meenah says, breaking the tense silence.

You look up, and she looks away from your eyes. You're not sure what she's thinking, but she lets out a few curses. You curl up a little more, brushing the hair out of Mituna's face. You almost lose your lunch at the sight of the blood surrounding his eyes, nearly resembling tears. You seem to fuss a bit over him, making sure he's still warm and breathing properly.

Meenah gets up and walks over to you, putting a hand on your shoulder. "We should.. Ah.. Clean 'im up." You nod and rise up, Kurloz following the both of you out. Aranea went and crawled into her recuperacoon, laughing awkwardly and telling you guys she was calling it a day. Meenah grumbled and marched forward.

You sit by the water and take your shirt off, dipping it in the water. You wipe away the blood from his face, the blood on the clothes already smeared in too far to just wipe off. You sigh, looking down at him. Is he going to be ok? How's he going to react if he is? How will everyone else act when they seem him like this? You frown, shaking your head. You'll focus on that later. For now, you head towards his hive, Kurloz and Meenah following close behind. You walk in (Mituna's lusus is gone for whatever reason, great timing) and head straight for Mituna's room, and you set him in his recuperacoon, making sure he looked comfortable.

You turn around and meet Meenah's eyes, and she looks at you for a moment with a look of pity, but quickly avoids your eyes again. You let out a sigh and you feel Kurloz's eyes on you.

"So water we gofin to do now?" You let out a sigh as Meenah breaks the silence again.

"We're just going to wait this out I guess." As much as you don't want to, there nothing really else anyone can do for him. You sit yourself next to the recuperacoon and start to mess with Mituna's hair, making it more messy than it usually is. You hear someone leave, and you expect it to be Meenah.

Instead, Meenah plops herself next to you.

"He must be gofin to codfine with Meufin." She purses her lips, not looking at you.

"Why are you here?" She sighs.

"I'm just... I'm just worried about you, ok?" You give a small smile.

"Thank you." She averts her eyes again.

"Whatever."

The both of you sit there for a while, you messing with Mituna's hair and Meenah seeming lost in thought. Eventually Kurloz comes back, but he just sits in the corner, only keeping his eyes on Mituna. You shrug it off, they're moirails of course.  You don't have a moirail, but you would react all the same. You glance over at Meenah, who's struggling to stay awake. You smile and take your leather jacket off for her, setting it on her shoulders. She tsks at you, but then drapes the jacket around her more. You give her a pat before focusing on Mituna again.

This goes on for nearly half a sweep. You become more tense and nerbous by the days, Meenah attempts to calm you down, and Kurloz just sits there. Eventually you realize that Meenah seems rather... Pale. When you try to talk to Meenah about it, everything gets awkward and she fumes out of the room for the next hour. When she comes back though, she sits next to you again and grumbles something that sounded like 'only if I get to keep the jacket'. You laugh and give her your leather jacket. You mean, you have plenty at home. You probably won't tell her that though.