1.2

Everything was going great.

The king and Queen had finished their speech which you only half focused on because of Krels nervousness radiating throughout the stadium which you thought was probably breaking some type of rule because Akiridion has too many of them to count.

Plus, you were still trying to rid yourself of what happened moments ago.

But the more you thought about it the more you realized that if what you wanted to happen happened it would forbidden, You and Krel may have talked about the whole thing when you were children but you were both young, stupid and had very big dreams.

There were so many ways things could play out, number one being that dating the Now-King-in-waiting will utterly destroy your friendship with him if anything were to go wrong and to top it all off you were required to be a princess or at least born into some form of royalty, which you were far from. You had to keep your priorities straight.

"You struck Varvatos! Glorious! Varvatos will reward you with the most remarkable slaying!" 

But it seemed like Krel was about to die at the hands of a fearless warrior. Varvatos just solves all of your problems. He really was glorious

Just as you were about to start internally cheering when the king spoke up "Vex! would you permit me the honor of sparring with my son, old friend"

Well there goes that plan. At least Krel is not going to be dying anytime soon.

"Your serrator varvatos" The king demanded, holding out his hand.

With a twirl of the serrator he struck a fighting pose "I sparred with my father at my coronation as he sparred with him at his father before him" He pointed at his son "This is a sacred honor, Krel."

This could play out in two ways. One, Krel would die and you wouldn't have to face that problem. Two, Krel lives and you will have to face the problem. You have a bad feeling that no matter which way it goes you'll lose.

The ground shook beneath your feet as something hit the blue shield like barrier that was made to protect the planet from opposing forces.

The countless striker ships that circled around blasted at the shield challenging the solidity of the defense.

Now alarmed, You sprinted as fast as your feet could take you, to krel who was standing behind his parents who were shouting for the people to get to the shelters.

"Krel!" You screamed towards his direction to get his attention.

Once he caught sight of your form running towards him he made his way over to you, Both of you stopping to meet each other in the middle where Krel started worryingly asking you questions. "(y/n), are you okay? you weren't hurt were you?"

Before you got the chance to answer Lieutenant Zadra had emerged from the entrance way "You must get to the palace."

"We need to find Aja" The queen stated.

Oh crap! you had forgotten about her, but as worried as you were you knew that she could protect herself and that you needed to help protect the royals.

You and krel followed his parents with you momentarily stopping in time to see the city's shield dissolving away into pixels.

Your eyes must've been failing you, when the royals had informed you of the city's defense mechanism they had told you it was impenetrable.

You felt as Krel grabbed your hand, pulling you out of your momentary trance. As of now you were scared out of your mind, Scared for your life, Scared for the king and queen, scared for aja, scared for krel.