2.3

“Ah, are your parents here?” Senior uhl looked at his watch as you and Krel stuck your head through the doorway.

Krel was an absolute genius. Never in a million years would you have thought about reprogramming the blanks to play as your parents.

If you were being completely honest they were too rowdy for your taste but that made them all the more fun to be around for the past 23 minutes and 45 seconds you have known them. Not that you were counting.

Krel spoke up first from where he was in front of you. “Yes, both parents. No excuses.” He invited himself into the small office space with you following close behind, allowing the blanks to pass through.

Their transductions were a work of art if you had to say so yourself. And to think mother was complaining about her knowledge of this planet being ‘out of date’.

The Blanks happily slid themselves into the office, whizzing past you so fast they were nothing but a blur, the words coming out of their mouths like slurs of a different language.

“Senior Uhl” The man said, holding out his hand as a formal greeting.

Probably was a mistake, the blank rushed over to him with the same enthusiasm “Blank” He grabbed the seniors hand as he started shaking it ferociously.

The other blank (That was posing as your mother) held the plate of cookies,she was holding up in the air “were french”. You would never be able to understand them.

Senior Uhl who was trapped in a very long handshake says “Your children say you're from cantaloupe-something.” It seemed like it was getting faster.

“Cantaloupia, its french.” Aja crossed her arms, finally making herself known in this situation. She seemed excited about everything that's going down as you're over here internally panicking.

“That is one heck of a grip. Strong and manly. I like it” The principal removed his hand from the handshake as the blank spoke to him.

The blank let out a bellowing laugh which was loud enough that this whole planet could have heard him.

The mother blank rushed up to his desk to place down her plate of cookies “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” Maybe she could give you some life advice.

Senior Uhl looked uncomfortable, something you couldn't really blame him for as he started to discuss your ‘issue’ with your ‘parents’.

“I hope we don't screw this up” You leaned closer to Aja, to make sure she heard you over the commotion.

“Have a little faith” You wanted whatever she was on because no sane person would be so calm about this. If one thing goes wrong then everything else will, it will be like the domino effect. But way worse.

The blank leaned over his desk “It's 10:00 pm do you know where your children are?” Your nose scrunched up in confusion, matching senior Uhls expression.

“It's 6:37 pm and I have no children, yours were busted sneaking into the science lab” He said frantically.

Your ‘dad’ spoke up again “Oh. those scamps. That sure aint swell” They were making a fool out of themselves, which they most likely were not aware of.

“Swell” The principle repeated the phrase “is this some kind of joke?”

“Do you find it funny?” Aja asked from beside you.

“No, and I don't find it funny that you broke into the science lab”. He slammed his hands on the desk, if annoyance had a human form it would look like him.

The blank went to stand beside him, invading his personal space, “You break it you buy it.” Her voice was obnoxiously loud.

Your ‘dad' appeared on the other side of him, adjacent to ‘mom’ blank. “Oh you want money fella, i'm a little strapped for benjamins this month but i'll see what i can do, you know it doesn't grow on trees” He seemed to be holding some sort of statue, which he may or may not have taken from its rightful place on senior uhls shelf.

“Yeah, put your money where your mouth is”

“You can say that again”

“Put your money where your mouth is”

“You can say that again again.”

“Put your money where your mouth is.”

“again , again, again”

“Don't put your money anywhere” Senior Uhl stood up from his chair, seemingly done with the blanks back and forth.

“Your, your,you're.” He tried to get the words out, blinded by his raging frustrations, which you couldn't blame him for.

You ‘dad’ spoke again “Oh no mr. Bureaucrats all tongue tied” This, for some reason made the blanks start to laugh in unison. You just wanted to tear your ears off at this point.

“Alright, enough” Senior Uhl yelled as he covered his ears “I'm calling child protective services, clearly your home life is not stable.” You may not have understood a word in that sentence but you were smart enough to know that it wasn't something good.

As you were about to butt into the situation Aja spoke “Home? This isn't our home, our home has been stolen from us by general morando” You bowed your head in a mix of shame and sadness. “He destroyed the capital and hurt our parents, and we were forced to come here where we know no one, Seklos and Gaylen. We are alone here.” She was right.

As much as it pained you to realize it, the truth shone like a blinding light. You were truly all each other had and you needed to work and stay together for the sake of restoring the family and the life you built back home. On Akiridion 5, not earth.

“Wait, wait, there's been a coup in your country” Senior Uhl held a familiar pained expression. He genuinely felt bad for you guys.

“Yeah” You whispered, still looking down at the floor, you liked the accessories on your feet, they suit you.

Stop trying to distract yourself

He pulled Aja into a comforting hug “I'm so sorry.” He sounded very sincere for a man who was angry just a couple of seconds ago. 

“I will protect you until cantalucia…”

“Cantaloupe”

“Is free again, for as long as your home is in turmoil, you will have a place in Arcadia oaks” It was reassuring to you that you had a place here, even if it was only temporary.

“Thank you, We should probably get glowing, i mean going” Aja gasped,

You pulled your hands into your line of sight, seeing as the transductions started to wear off leaving half of your hand a glowing blue that was slowly spreading up your arms in a pixelating manner.

You lifted your head up to check and see if the same mishap was happening to the duo, not all all surprised when you met krels blue glowing eyes staring at you. He shrugged his shoulders, answering the question that you haven't even asked.

If you didnt get out of here soon, these transductions would wear off and leave you in your Akiridion forms for this whole planet to see.

The three of you quickly ushered the blanks out of the door while vigilantly hiding your glowing eyes and hands.

“You can say that again”

“Yeah, put your money where your mouth is”

They were still at it.
_________________________________________

Sorry about the long wait I've been busy with school, sleep and watching YouTube

Im actually finished writing this episode but I for the life of me cannot write a good ending so I split it into two.

That's all for now

Till next time

-QOD