You don't remember falling asleep last night. Everything that occurred after krel had left you alone was a blur. You just chalked it up to extreme exhaustion and seklos knows It must've been extreme if you had no recollection of it.

Nevertheless you reluctantly dragged yourself out of bed and out to the kitchen where your fellow housemates appeared to be awaiting your arrival. "(y/n)" Your name was shouted at you courtesy of Aja who you figured was very affectionate today as you were pulled into her embrace.

When she ended the hug and settled on clutching your hands in hers, she dragged you over to a plate of weirdly shaped pancakes "You wouldn't guess what today is." She encouraged you to take a seat.

You wondered what today was, it isn't everyday that Aja woke up excited about anything. So it must be important, it better be important because it won't take very long for her attitude to rub off on you. You eyed the pancakes on your plate that were usually just round and flat.

"Apparently they are the shape of a human heart...Fascinating" Vex caught the look you were giving to the food and gave you his explanation. He wiped his hands on the random and out of place piece of clothing that was hanging from around his neck. You're not going to question it.

Aja took in a breath from beside you "Getting back to what i was saying, today is a human holiday which they call valentine's day isn't that exciting." She clapped her hands together trying to set the mood but you just weren't seeing it.

You tilted your head and gave her a small smile. It was awkward enough to give the idea that you had no idea what she was going on about.

"It is a day to show your appreciation for the ones that you love. As for my contribution I made pancakes" Vex held up the spatula proudly only to hit Krel in the face with a loud thwack. It was unfortunate that he entered during one of vex's moments of passion.

A pained groan resounded as he held onto his nose where the spatula hit him. "What was that for?"

Vex, who couldn't care less about hitting the royal, shrugged. "Accident" well, you guess this is your life now and these are the people who you are going to spend the rest of your days with. You gotta get used to their stupidity.

"Where did you come from?" you were aware of the things happening around you and you were sure that he didn't just come from his room. You would have seen or at least heard if he did. You also could have warned him of his upcoming fight with Varvatos's cooking tool.

He took the seat next to you. You took notice of the red color his face was becoming and it wasn't his usual blush. His reaction to the hit came on quickly. "Aja talked so much about this holiday so I had to see what was so great about it." it turned silent when your curiosity had you guessing about what he encountered.

"It's horrible, people are gushing about their spouses. And two strangers gave me hugs" he held out two fingers. He was over exaggerating, hugs were great especially when they were from new people or at least that's what you thought.

His sister, with a more cheerful opinion on the day, pulled him into a hug like she did with you earlier "Make that three" Krel was quick to try to brush her off even though he knew she outweighed him in the strength department.

Meanwhile you took a bite of the pancakes. You felt slightly bad for ruining such a beautiful piece of art but it was just so delicious, he must've learned from the television. You heard that it could be informative when it wanted to be. Before you knew it you were already finished with your plate.

"Finish up your breakfast then head down to the transduction chambers." Vex's voice had their attention turned to you. You swallowed the last of Aja's pancakes and put the plate atop the other two.