5.4

"I can't believe we're actually doing this' ' You groaned from behind the bushes Where you and the royals hid from varvatos.

He demanded (as always) that you all stay aboard the ship as he goes out to avenge his family.

And Aja and Krel being the problematic children they are, went after him.

"No (y/n), we are doing this, you stay here. You don't have the proper training." Aja pointed at you.

"Neither do you" You opened your mouth to argue more but only squealed as...

Don't blow our cover

"She's right, we don't need you to get hurt" his words had you closing your mouth.

"Listen to me sister. I have an idea" Krel put a hand on Aja's shoulder to get her attention.

"There may be a subspace manifold on their ship" What they needed to fix the mothership, what you had endured drivers ed for was within your grasp.

"A what?" Aja asked.

"What we need"

"What we need is to help Varvatos"

"But he's distracting them"

"And outnumbered three to one"

Krel stood up from behind the short bushes "you said you wanted some combat training. Now's your chance" He started towards the exposed ship.

This was not part of the plan.

"Krel, what..." but he was already too far out of reach. He was going to get himself killed.

"I said I wanted to train, not to die"

"Aja you're our only hope" your hands gripped her shoulder. "Please help them" you pleaded to her, squeezing tightly.

She smiled, something you haven't seen since valentines day, and made her way out of the shrubs to help vex.

You wanted to help, you really did, but you're backed up against a corner here. On one hand you would be helping your family but on the other it would be too soon if they found out about you.

You didn't want to hurt them anymore then you have.

You formed a fist with your palm. If you interfered then you could be certain that they would be okay.

If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

"Wow, that is the only thing that you've said that I agree with"

Hey!

"Well, what do we have here?" The voice made your spine straighten. If death had a voice it would sound like this.

One of the three Zeron's stood, towering over you through the bushes. He was even more horrific up close.

His mask gave a realistic look, but you couldn't identify what it was similar to for the life of you.

The life that's about to end if you don't move.

"I had a feeling you'd be here, always the loyal lapdog" he sneered and you were surprised to see the evil smile, he wasn't wearing a mask.

That was his actual face

"Now, I know that hideous creature did not just call us a lapdog"

"I've been ordered not to harm you, doesn't mean I let my brothers have all the fun." From his left hand came blades, each shaped with one purpose: to bring pain.