5.2

Krel was definitely acting strange. 

On your way back to school for driver's education you walked quietly beside him and Aja. You heard tiny snippets of their conversation yet you weren't fully invested. 

Instead you tried to slip your hand into Krels. To your embarrassment once your fingers brushed against his he pulled away. He was still focused on Aja but it was clear that he knew what he was doing.

You scoffed. You thought that the two of you were on the same page as of your relationship.

If he really felt the same he wouldn't be pulling away.

“Good morning welcome to drivers ed.” the coach announced himself. The five of you (Eli and Shannon were already there when you arrived) stood obediently with your hands at your side. The coach scared you. 

“Your on ramp to independence, the open road, and certain death unless you listen up, your tires must be fully inflated…” There were whispers around you from the others. It made it hard to focus on the coach's words. 

Can you stop thinking about Krelll for a second?

How can i? He is perfect.

Being in love is disgusting.

Shut up

You pushed the voice into the back of your mind and honed back into the real world. The world where Krel was being berated by the coach for touching the automobile.

Coach went back to speaking about the rules of the road. “Everything alright?” Krels face held a scowl while he stood in his previous spot. He murmured something that you couldn't completely understand. 

“Focus” The word fell from his lips.You easily understood that he didn't want to be spoken to. You closed your mouth hesitantly and pulled your gaze down onto your shoes awaiting the end of the coaches instructions.

After a particularly interesting conversation about manslaughter and a personal record coach threw the keys to Aja.”You're on the advanced track pepperjack” The coach told the boy after he thought he was throwing the keys to him.

“I get to tokyo drift?”

“No, no. No Tokyo drifting. You're parallel parking” The coach pointed towards another car “Aw, i thought this was going to be the year of eli” The boy could really use a break.

Eli walked over to the other car and you, krel, aja, shannon and coach clambered into the original one. You were squished in the backseat.

“What's the first thing you do when you get behind the wheel?” He didn't give you a chance to answer “You pray, a car is a death trap.” You could smell his breath when he turned in his seat to yell at the three of you.

He turned back around and went through his checklist. You were sort of glad when a soda began to float mid-air. You were sure that they don't do that here on earth. 

Shannons glasses reciprocated, rising off her face as she struggled to keep hold of them. “Seklos and Gaylen, this isn't a part of the class” A orange beam of light surrounded the car, you could see the rays coming from an invisible ship. 

The concealing shield wasn't all that good because in their glitchy state you could make out parts of their vessel.

“Aja we have a problem” You warned the blonde. She was getting the car ready to take for a spin. “Hey, no backseat driving” the coach was oblivious to what was happening around him. You would have thought that a floating traffic cone would have gotten his attention.