𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐜

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 0.2

It felt very chilling.

It felt cold again.

And MC felt terrible.

Ans she was unaware. She was unaware for so long. How many people had died because of her ignorance?

Had she performed better that morning, would she have joined them too? Not in the beautiful city of Novosibirsk, but in that place that everyone knows about but never comes back from.

She pulled away from the thought. She was being paranoid, ever since she left for the orphanage she had been. She was being irrational. Dr. Herzog was like their father, and them, his children. He wouldn't even hurt them; how could he kill them?

He wouldn't, for MC's sanity, he wouldn't.

MC drowned herself in her thoughts, clouding her eyes, blocking her ears. So much so, that it was only when Ivan shook her, he had spotted her and her state of distress, that she came back to her senses.

"Doll! Are you alright? Is there something wrong?" he said, worry on his freckled face.

"IVAN- I... I mean... I'm fine. Don't worry," MC replied, her voice shaky, brushing his hands off.

"Al...right. I know we aren't that close but if something is wrong, you can come to me you know right," he insisted.

"I know Ivan and thank you. I'll... keep that in mind." She murmured, passing her hand through her hair, cracking her knuckles.

"I'll go to the main building. Most of the food should be ready by now, I will just start putting the plates and dishes on the table. Renata can bring the kids up, and you the gifts. I'll get going then."

MC nodded as he walked off. She wouldn't be left alone for long though, as her two friends came to her.

"Did something happen Doll? You look worried," Renata said, concerned.

"Yeah, you look like shit," added Z.

"It's fine. I'm just thinking weird that's all. What were you talking about?"

"About how annoying Anton is! Can't believe he got chosen, I thought it would be you Doll, or even Z!" exclaimed Renata, pouting.

At that, Z slowly turned his back, letting out a deep sigh.

"Oh, my little Renata. Have I ever told you that fable?" he said looking up to the sky. "It is a known fact that some wolves disguise themselves in sheep's clothing. First, they gain the herds' trust, they then use all sorts of excuses to take a sheep away. This way, one by one, they manage to devour the entire herd."

"Like us, with the foxes," said MC under her breath.

"Yes, like us with the foxes," repeated Z, turning around in a sluggish motion.

"What do you mean? Are you saying that..."

She wasn't the smartest of the group, but that didn't make her stupid. She was still more brilliant than most and could connect the dots.

"You mean... Director Herzog is a bad man...? But-"

"Doll what do you think?" Interrupted Z, a sly grin on his face.

Renata looked at MC pleadingly, begging with her eyes to refute Z's ridiculous claims.

MC could only rub her hands ever harder, stocking at her face in a frustrated manner.

"The director ...," the last part came in as a whisper, "is a bad man."

Renata's eyes became bigger but before she could start questioning anything, she got cut off.