𝐀𝐜𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 2

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 2.3

Once the reality had finally set in, and the buzzing in their ears had calmed down, the Ace Team knew what to do.

Without as much as a word being said, Caesar started recording his suicide letter and then did Johann, and naturally, neither Doll nor Luminous had anything to say to anyone and so they stayed as quiet as the sea.

Caesar told his wishes to Nono. Johann to his stepfather. The S-Ranks to the void.

The nuclear reactor had been leaned down, as they had no choice but to manually launch it, and they would have only but ten minutes to get out of their peril once they did.

Caesar had forgotten the remote password, as it so happens when remembering matters, and feeling guilty or courage or the responsibilities of being a leader, he volunteered to do it. No one stopped him.

"If I fail, then Chu will go after me. If he fails too, then I expect Luminous to give a hand."

Then he stepped out and went for the sea walk.

The state of the Ace Team was strange. They all acted as one would expect them to in such a situation, but something seemed too off for it to seem normal. For one, Luminous was in a deconcentrated deep thought, his eyes empty and mouth slightly open, only a few whips of breath going out of it. Johann was almost in his habitual calm, but the stiffness in his arms and legs let out something uncanny. He looked more like a robot trying to act human than a man truly made of flesh and nerves. His eyes darted between Caesar on the seabed, Luminous scrabbled on the ground, and Doll, with glossy eyes and burning fever. She hardly looked human herself. Her pupils were shining a golden shade, her body shook ever so slightly , and she was sweating more than expected yet she looked as unbothered as a statue. If it were not for her sharp observations that she quietly murmured to Sumeru Throne, she would have appeared completely uninterested.

Johann thought an air of magic surrounded them, or it was just the lack of oxygen. It was likely the latter, but the prior thought was more enjoyable.

Things were not much better at the surface.

The aquatic draconic monsters were coming in waves and each time their numbers increased. They weren't that strong, but their sheer quantity made them almost impossible to take control of. Of course, the Ace Team had no idea of ​​​​this, but by the rush that they could see from the submarine's windows, they could at least guess.

Still, for Caesar, the constant whirling and twirling of the creatures around him created much stress and confusion as he was barely able to still spot the reactor. The metallic scales surrounding him made him feel like he was in a disco ball, and they came far too close to comfort, trying to attack him while he was quite helpless.

There isn't much security to be had at the bottom of the sea. The Death Servitors ate at him, or at least they tried to. In his displaced state, he ran into their banks, and they shrieked and snarled at him and his attempts to finally make it. Their sharp teeth and claws tried to rip apart his diving suit and if they kept going, they would succeed.