𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 1.0

The magnificence of the tall gothic buildings—as elegant, detailed, and expensive as they were—couldn't be appreciated to its full extent as Doll's awe was rudely interrupted by a blaring sound. It had made her flinch and stumble down the stairs, laying her by the principal's statue feet.

Holograms popped out of everywhere, sending a clear message. Warning: Death Servitors on campus. EVA's voice, which boomed in the air, only but reinforced that statement.

"Red Alert! Red Alert! Dragon Intrusion! Dragon Intrusion! The college is under imminent attack by the Dragons! All students must be on high alert! All entrances and exits are sealed. Immediately launch a counterattack against all intruders!"

The other students around her changed their demeanor completely as well. Long gone were those jolly conversations and jokes as they were changed with something entirely different. Not only panic and shock but pure adrenaline. An itch to fight. A crave to prove themselves.

Doll could easily guess that those were the older students, and those frozen in fear could only be the freshman.

She chose to not act like any of them, being that she was too tired, having had a much too eventful day. EVA had said to go to her dormitory, and that was what she was planning to do. The third building, number 140 .

She got up to her feet, her arms already tired of the effort. The screams in the distance, monstrous in nature, made her stumble a bit. Her breathing quickened but she kept composure. Her hourglass was on her side, as well as Liliya so everything, in theory, should be fine.

The last time those two weren't enough to save her. She pushed away the thought.

She was already leaving when she heard a voice call out to her. A boy, rather tall and lanky with wild brown hair, ran to her nothing but fear in his eyes. From behind him, MC could tell why he was trying so desperately to getaway.

Ugly creatures chased him. Their movement looked unnatural and erratic, their skin peeled off in places, only to reveal oozing rotten flesh underneath. Scales covered their bodies inserted in their skins like knives. Their glowing eyes shifted continuously, their enormous hands bearing dangerously long clash as sharp as blades. They were taller than the average person as they towered over the frightened student.

The boy was quickly surrounded, his uneven breath heard even by Doll that still stood several meters away from him.

At a loss of what to do, he weakly pointed towards the sky, desperation in his movements.

"Look! What's that?"

That tactic, as stupid as it was, surprisingly worked, much to the astonishment of Doll. That distraction gave him enough time to run away. Just as he was making his escape, a singular Death Servitors caught his ruse and hit him harshly on his back. He tumbled down the stairs, rolling down to Doll's feet, as well as the principal's. He lifted his head, and a quiet hope shone in his brown eyes. Quick on his feet, he hid behind her.

"H-help me get rid of these D-Death Servitors! Kill them for me!"

As much as Doll didn't want to—her body was dreadfully fatigued, as well as her head—she had no choice but to fight them. If she didn't, the boy behind her would surely die. And if she wanted to leave, she would have to clear out her way as those monsters had surrounded them.

They were only four in number and were evidently not that smart. It was quick business.

When it came down to fighting, Doll and her Gemini became one, their movements fluent among them. An unsaid plan was executed from the two of them, leaving close to no faults. As one of the monsters threw their wretched arms to her, she dogged them, using the very principal's statue to propel herself backward. At the same moment, Liliya had flown closer to them, courtesy of Phase Shock, sending several Iceglare Shocks along the way. Doll soon joined her twin, doubling the attacks. It took only a while for all of the Death Servitors to fall down, clanky metal-like noises announced their defeat.