𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐟 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐲

WARNING: Blood, slight gore, slight anger, death, and general misery.

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 0.3

A loud thumping was, once again, heard on a window. That poor window, which had been hit more than enough times that day, made its warning sound. It was going to break soon.

That commotion was enough to wake the sleepy girl up, still wrapped in the arms of a misty figure. Looking through the window and opening the blinds, she saw the culprit. Z.

Instead of stopping, he continued while waving his hand. With no other choice, she opened the window, letting in the unwelcomed cold.

"Can't you just knock? Why are you so childish?" she said, her voice rough and weak.

"I simply came to take my coat, and also you," he said, rubbing his arms together, the red of his eyes replicated on his nose as it did for most of the orphans.

Although reluctantly, MC allowed him in, throwing his coat back to him.

MC also dressed herself, putting back the uniform for the warmth, for hopefully the last time. When she looked back to Z, he was having a grimace competition with her Gemini, whose outfit changed alongside her twin. Z pulled his tongue, sending multiple hand gestures to the ghostly woman, which she returned in a somewhat more vulgar way. MC sighed deeply, she forgot what a pain the two of them were together. She even hoped that her Gemini would go back into hiding so she wouldn't have to witness whatever the two of them were doing.

To put an end to that, MC threw her luggage at Z, alongside the basket of food.

"Both of you stop. What are we—five?"

Her Gemini, visibly hurt by this, came to MC's side. She made a pleading face, asking with her eyes for forgiveness. Still somewhat annoyed, MC patted her reflection's head. To this, to white figure smiled fondly, before sending another grimace towards the white-haired boy. Then, she disappeared softly, just like sand getting blown away by the wind.

MC looked around her room for the final time. Would she miss it? The fond memories were now buried by new knowledge that left a bitter taste in her mouth.

The last thing she took was her hourglass, the one Dr. Herzog had given her. The only thing that made her Gemini truly harmful. It was her weapon. She couldn't just let it behind.

She put out the fire, listening to the last crackles, watching the last golden sparks. Z watched, with interest in his face, a pensive air glued to him.

"What is it?" asked MC, getting up and leaving the room, not bothering to lock the door.

"You used to fear fire. You couldn't even look at it. Now look at you, you don't even care! My baby's all-Ouch! What was that for!"

"Stop being so loud. Do you want us to get caught? And I still don't like fire, you know. You play with it, you ought to get burned."

They kept walking, the only sound from the freshly crushed snow underneath their shoes. MC was comfortable with that. She preferred nothing over small talk. It was only when they passed the dormitories that she said something.

"Shouldn't we go wake up Renata?" she whispered.

"No, not yet. I think you should see something. Don't say a word and follow me."

MC raised her eyebrow at this, he had spoken more than her after all. Yet, she complied, looking at his wide back and white hair.

Then something bothered her again and decided to go against his wishes.