𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 1

ĐⱤ₳₲Ø₦ Ɽ₳J₳ 1.5

There were three on Doll's left and five others on her right. Their monstrous, glistening mouths opened and closed in a jumbled manner, yipping and growing warning groans. They were strong, their claws sharp, and their teeth shaper.

Ultimately, they were dumb. She counted on that.

She stood very still, for the first time in the last 20 minutes or so. They came at her, giggling at the opportunity, moving in such an animalistic behavior, using both their arms and legs to push themselves forwards. When they were at arm's length, ready to rip off her head and drink the blood that would squirt out of her neck. She moved back to the tiled clinical white walls and waited a bit more.

Then she jumped. As high as she could. Her feet pointing at the ceiling, she extended her hand to the Death Servitors and aimed just above their heads.

The Iceglare Shock stuck to the wall, crystallizing blue. Her shoes met the ice, and as quickly bounced off. Her hair swished around her head, making waves of motion as her hand aimed at the monsters again. Falling a few meters away from the group, a quivered Azure Mask was sent to them. They stood in place in pain, their faces cringing and crunching in unnatural ways. Soon after they all fazed out, thinning out into nothing.

It was the finishing shot, but Doll didn't get out of her defensive position until a light blue screen materialized in front of her, and EVA's soft calculated voice announced her usual compliments and routine.

"Congratulations, you have finished the 100-enemy challenge at difficulty 5. Your shooting and aim score is 89%. That shows an improvement of 4% since the last time. Your overall time has also improved. Today you finished at 14.52 minutes. This is 3.14 minutes shorter than last time. That would place you fifth on the College's 100-enemy scoreboard. Compared to last time, you—"

"Who's number one today?" Doll got annoyed with EVA—every single time she said the same old thing, saying many details that Doll could simply read—but she tried her best to not do so. EVA was but a program, after all . The poor thing had no will.

"Today it is Caesar, with a total run time of 4.011 minutes. This was less than his last trial by 0.3 seconds and less than Johann's by 0.009."

Surely, tomorrow Johann would have taken his place back. And soon after being dethroned by Caesar, it would continue into an endless circle in which they would both end up trying to figure out how to make their time go into the negatives.

The individual training centers were a technological wonder, and most engineers would spend years upon years trying to figure out its inner workings. The white and shiny tiles would serve as sensors, using weight, light, and heat to recognize the student and the strengths emitted . Either from guns, swords, scythes, or hourglasses, the system could accurately measure the power of each attack and would promptly remove some of the life out of the holographic monsters.