𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

Present:

click click click.

The sound of my red heels meeting with the tiled floor.

The hallway is black.

My shadow dancing across the walls.

The happy cheers coming from inside the room.

I grin.

Opening up the doors wide, eyes turn and people stumble out of their seats.

"Sorry I'm late", I grin and run my red lipstick between my teeth. "My invitation was lost in the mail."

Whispers break loose.

Guns come out.

People stare at me in horror.

I pass my way up the aisle and look to my right.

Blue eyes land on me.

"Davina?" Carter whispers.

I laugh and bring my red nails around the gun.

"The one and only", I smirk and bring the gun to his forehead. "Did you miss me?"

And I fire.

Blood smears.

Screams erupt.

Chairs shuffle.

"Now", I turn around and smile at the crowd in front of me. "Who's next?"

"Can I help you bitch?" I hear someone snarl and I meet brown eyes.

"Bride I presume?" I cock my head and look at her white dress, layered in gems and ruffles.

"Yeah."

"I'm surprised he hasn't tried to kill you yet!"

"Why would he do that?"

"It's a little pattern he loves to do", I stop dead in front of her and play with the strands of her brown hair.

I hear his breathing next to me.

His smell is so familiar.

"Just wanted to announce my congratulations", I smile and take out my pocket knife.

I slit her throat.

I watch her white dress turn to spilled wine.

I nod my head and make my way back up down the aisle.

"Well isn't this a great reunion?"

I pat the shoulder of the brown-headed man who was there that night.

"Shouldn't you be dead?"

"Ahh yeah that", I nod my head and kick him out from under his legs until he faces plants on the floor. "I'm alive!"

Gripping him by the hair, I meet his eye.

"Get down on your fucking knees and polish my shoes like the bitch you are."

He bows his head in horrid.

He kisses each heel right before I pull out a dagger and plunge it through his back.

I know my old group is watching me.

I know their mouths are hitting the floor and they're crying.

I know Eli is staring.

I know Andrea is staring.

I know he is staring.

But I refuse to look at them, not so much as acknowledge their presence.

Blood is splattered across my face and collarbone, but I lick some of it off with my tongue.

"Davina?" I finally hear his whisper.

I swallow thickly and try to remove every single damn emotion I can off my face before I lock my eyes on him.

He looks so different.

His hair is a bit longer now and curled around his ears and the smallest amount of stubble coats his jaw.

His eyes are different though. More sunken in and completely drained of everything. But there also crying. Why are they crying?

He looks so scared right now.

I lick the blood from my teeth and walk closer to him, making sure my head stays upright.

"What's the matter, baby?" I pout. "You don't think I look pretty like this?"

He's so silent.

I laugh bitterly wanting nothing more than to plunge this fucking knife right into his stomach.

"How", his voice cracks, and more tears flow down the face that I once fell in love with. "How are you here?"

"Huh, good question."

Before I tap my pointer finger against my chin, I look around the room and stare at Carter's body.

"You gonna try and kill me again for that?" I purse my lips up at him, but he only just stares."Ugh what a bore you are."

I wave my hand and step down the podium. Only to find Eli practically choking in sobs.

"D?" He whispers and kneels in front of me.

"Eli?"

"Yeah?"

"Get up off the floor."

He does what I say and sniffles.

"Did you know what happened to me?" I cock my head and wait for his response.

He doesn't answer.

He just stares at me with sympathy.

He did know.

"So you were aware your boyfriend was trying to kill me?"

"Yes."

I step closer and brush my lips up against his ear. "Then if I were you, I'd run far away before you end up on the ground like the rest of them."

He leaves.

I glance at Andrea.

"Come on", I nudge my head towards the door.

"Why?"

"Does it matter?" I seethe through my teeth and watch him naw on his lip.

"Don't worry your not the person I completely hate." I glance at Matteo, but he's just staring at me with parted lips.

We both walk out of the room, but then I feel a hand touch my wrist and I immediately fly backward and shove them into a wall.

Ahh yes, Matteo.

"Don't you ever fucking touch me?"

"I'm sorry", he says but never stops.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

My head feels dizzy.

"Please don't leave", he says and looks at me. "Please."

"Don't worry, darling. You'll see me again. I'll be watching you."

He slides to the ground and starts to sob.

I turn back around with Andrea and try my best to not look back.

I'll be in your nightmares, Matteo Creed.