𝑆𝐼𝑋

Present:

I let go of Andreas' hand and grab the pocket knife stuffed in the breastbone of my dress.

And then I lock eyes with him.

His taller figure leaning into the screen and tapping his foot nervously against the broken wood.

"Andrea", I call out and smirk while looking at him. "You can go."

Andrea walks past me and looks at Matteo while opening the flimsy door. "Yeah good luck with this one-man", he pats him on the shoulder and walks off.

"Please come in", I say softly and walk over to the stove.

His eyes are puffy and bloodshot from sobbing, as he takes a nervous seat on the couch.

"Would you like some tea?" I hum softly and put the kettle on the burning stove.

He doesn't respond.

I turn around and lean on the counter, rolling my eyes. "Questions you want to ask me I presume?"

"So many", he swallows.

"I'll give you one", I tap my red nails against the counter and he focuses on them.

He thinks long and hard, before opening his mouth. "What did you do after you woke up that night? Where did you go?"

"I went to the hospital", I murmur and then turn back around. "You'll never believe the fantastic things I found out while I was there."

"And what's that?"

I stop and squint my eyes while looking out the window.

So.

Many.

Things.

"I said I would only answer one didn't I?"

I rip open two tea bags and place them in mugs.

"My condolences about the bride", I sigh. "I'm sure she was a real peach."

He grunts and I hear him shuffle on the couch.

He's coming closer to me.

Why is he coming closer?

"Davina", he says in a low voice.

That voice he used when he used to fuck me.

Now it doesn't even turn me on.

It makes me think about stabbing him repeatedly.

He leans beside me and watches as I pour the hot water into the mugs.

I notice his brows furrow when he notices my wrists.

"Hmm", I smile up at him but a tear drops from his eyes as he takes in the thick scar. "Such a shame isn't it? I almost ended my life, when I should've been tracking you down and imaging what your insides look like."

He stops dead and looks up at me.

And then he looks down at my stomach.

"Yes", I blink and hand him the cup. "There's a scar."

I make my way over to the table. "I like to look at it sometimes to remind me how stupid I once was."

He follows up beside me and takes a seat. "Can I see it?"

I smirk and run my fingers on the rim of the glass. "You wanna see the damage you caused?"

His head bows in shame, but I just cock my head to the side.

"I don't understand why you are so sad? You weren't sad when you left this scar on me."

"You don't think I was sad?"

I bite my lip.

"I've seen you sob so hard, it doesn't even compare to that night."

I shiver follows down my spine from the mention of him and a dagger- me collapsing on the icy grass.

"That's because you weren't there for the after part of it all."

"Ahh", I lean back in my chair and take another sip. "If you were there for my after part, you wouldn't even compare."

"What do you want from me", he whines and tears flow down his cheeks. "I know you didn't invite me over for tea and talk."

"What do I want?" I ask nobody and tap my nails on the table. "What I wanted was for my boyfriend not to kill me, but I guess that was too much to ask for."

"I'm sorry", he says. "I'm so so sorry for doing it to you."

"Please don't sit there and tell me how sorry you are. It's just a bunch of words that do no healing for what you broke."

"I broke you?" He says through tears.

"Oh baby", I lean in and tuck a fallen hair back into its place. "You've completely chipped every feeling in my bones, but one thing."

"And what is that."

"Revenge", I say before grabbing my knife and pulling his head back from where I stand behind him.

"Such a nice tattoo", I mumble and trace the tip of the knife over the heart tattoo on his neck. "I wonder what it looks like of your skin."

And then I slice the blade through his skin and carve out the heart he stitched up for me on my birthday.

He moans in agony and try's to tare free, but I keep him down in the chair.

"Please stop", he yells, but I just grin harder and cut deeper.

"Why stop now when the funs just begun?"

Blood over my hand when I finish and the piece of flesh falls on the ground.

He's bleeding, so I grab white go and wrap it around his neck.

I sit back down in my seat and sigh. "There. Much much better."

"What happened to you", he cries and holds his neck.

"So much", I smile and take a sip of my tea. "So much has happened."

"What did I do to you?" He says in a low whisper that makes me stop.

He won't stop blaming himself.

"I did this."

"You're gone because of me."

"Oh no", I shake my head. "I'm still here. I just don't give a fuck anymore."

He looks at me.

Then looks at my wrists.

"Show me the damn scar", he says.

I get up.

Peeling my dress off.

And finally, get him to understand what he did.

He looks at the scar across my stomach.

And then he looks at the scar under my belly, fully stitching across.

"Where did you get that?"

I stop smiling because I think of Aurora.

"I told you one question", I quickly say and place the dress back on.

"What happened to you after I left?"

I look down at the ground and feel my stomach turn.

"I told you so many things happened. So many things I don't wish upon anyone." I look up. "Not even you."