𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐸𝑁𝐷

This is the END of the book. DO NOT READ if you are planning on waiting for me to come back, and fill in missing chapters leading up to this.
KEEP NEGATIVE COMMENTARY TO YOURSELF ABOUT THE ENDING PLEASE!
______________________________

Matteo's POV:

Love.

It's a great thing isn't it? One day we meet our soulmates and fall so deeply in love, our whole personality is consumed by it.

It's almost as if love is the reason we exist. The thing that crawls within our veins and let's us breathe oxygen. "Everybody wants it, everybody craves it, but they don't know love is the evilest thing." I told my best friend that once.

But then that best friend became the epic love of my life. Turns out though not every love story ends with happily ever after.

My story ends here.

Today.

I feel it in my bones when I walk through the door and find a note spread across my bed.

It's as though time stops, when I carefully run my fingers over the parchment and take a seat on my bed.

Our bed.

Carefully opening up the envelope, my hands shake trying to hold the page.

Dear Matteo,

I'm not sorry to be leaving this note. Nor am I sorry for what I did.

When your reading this I will be long gone, and you, baby, will be following in my footsteps.

It's crazy how our love story played out, isn't it? But I believe somewhere in another life, our characters are in love, getting there happily ever after.

Right?

That's what is happening, isn't it?

You and I were not lovers. We were secretly enemies, plotting against each other and dreaming of what the other looked like dead.

Our story isn't normal.

We aren't normal, baby.

So I'm making this short and bitter. I'm tired of fighting you. And I'm tired of you trying to change what I've set my heart on.

I've dreamed of you dead for five years. And I will make sure that happens.

If I go down you're coming with me, don't you get that?

After a long path of revenge and being angry with you, I've come to the conclusion of finally putting a stop to it.

When last night, I wrote this note, placed it on your bed, and took one of your daggers with me.

The woods is a scary place you know?

But I thought it was perfect for our story.

So I ended it.

Ended my life.

And I cant wait for you to end yours.

Sincerely, Davina

Without one word coming from my mouth, I open the bedside draw and pull a dagger out.

She's right.

It's time I go.

Slipping off the bed, I pick up the remote and turn the T.V on.

After comes on.

Our movie.

I watch it for a couple of minutes, sinking into the mattress.

My eyes wander up to the canvas hanging above my bed.

I smile at it.

My smile still says even after blood trickles from my lips.

"Meant to be", I wheeze out and feel my eyes flutter close.

DAVINA'S POV:

*10 years later*

"Babe!" I yell and scrap the extra sauce from the spoon back into the pan. "Dinners ready!"

My husband comes waltzing in with a huge grin on his face.

"You know I would've cooked", he murmurs and kisses my head, wrapping his hands around my stomach. "You're due in a month, the least you need is to cook food for me."

"You know I like to cook", I shake my head and turn around.

Handing him a plate of food, he leans in and kisses me on the lips.

"Fuck I love you", he whispers.

We sit down at the table and I laugh at his insane stories.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" He murmurs after we're done eating.

"No, tell me more", I grin.

"If I tell you more then it leads to more", he smirks down at me and I can't help but smirk back.

"Ohh , so like you giving me a foot massage?"

He laughs under his breath, taking my hand and leading me to the couch.

"Only for you."

I freeze for a second.

I've heard that line before.

"Y-yeah", I clear my throat and shake the thought from my head.

God I'm so happy now.

I met an amazing guy who built me my dream home, and now we're expecting a baby boy.

Who would've thought?

As he rubs my feet, I think about Matteo.

He killed himself to be with me.

But what he doesn't know is I never really did it.

If I couldn't kill him myself, I knew I'd find a way to do it.

Have fun down in hell, darling.

I'll be seeing you soon.