ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧/𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲, 𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☽

Ophelia stared at the pile of open letters on her desk once more, wax seals and torn edges all splayed on top of one another, each piece of parchment a different shade of cream, some more yellow than the others. Although she had many from her friends at Hogwarts, she hadn't received one from Harry Potter, the famous boy-wizard she met on the train of her first year at Hogwarts. It was his birthday a few days ago, and Ophelia hadn't heard anything from him all summer. She had sent a present and everything, yet no thank you card, nothing at all. Frowning, she picked up the pile of letters from the desk and shoved them into a drawer, atop more letters from previous years. Finally, Ophelia smoothed out her dress and was about to make her way towards the door but was interrupted by an obscure bang against her window. She turned around to see an old, dejected owl that had crashed straight into her paned window, and slumped down into the flower box, luckily nailed right under the window. Ophelia rushed to the bird's aid, opening the latch and retrieving the owl from the dirt, brushing it off before setting it up on her desk and untied the letter from the bird's leg. She brought the bird to Apollo's cage so it could rest and drink water before she sent it back to its owner.

Ophelia went back to her desk, peeling the wax seal from the parchment, and opened the letter up. It was from Hermione and Ron! Hermione was staying at the Weasley's house for the weeks leading up to term, and they hadn't heard from Harry at all as well.

Dear Ophelia,

How are you? It's Hermione! I'm writing to you from the Weasley's, who graciously invited me to stay with them until the beginning of term. Unfortunately, Harry is not here at the moment. We haven't heard from him at all this summer, Ron nor I. Fred and George have this plan to "rescue" Harry from his horrible uncle and aunt, suspecting that they've stopped him from getting our letters. They have everything planned out. It's rather unorthodox, I will admit, though Fred and George are always like that. I told them that it was highly dangerous and they could risk getting seen by Muggles, but they didn't listen to me. They're going tonight, I presume. I do hope to see you soon, perhaps in Diagon Alley? None of us has gone yet. Mrs Weasley wanted to make sure Harry didn't go to school without his things. Anyways, I'll see you soon, if not there, then on the train!

Your friend,

Hermione.

P.S. I'm sorry about Errol; Mrs Weasley insisted that I use him.