ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔖𝔦𝔵

𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧/𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐬?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☽

It was the evening of the Christmas feast, and every student in the castle flocked to the Great Hall to feast themselves upon the hundreds of desserts and have as many servings of potatoes and pie as they wanted. Ophelia and Draco decided to sit in the middle of the table, amongst some of the other Slytherin students they could talk to.

The entire table was filled to the brim with food; trays of roast turkey, receptacles of boiled potatoes and other various coloured vegetables with a lemon glaze, rosemary-smelling stuffing, and vats and vats of chocolate in all different shapes and sizes. Per Dumbledore's request, any vacant space on the table was filled with something sugary. The elderly Headmaster had a famous sweet tooth.

Although she appreciated the spread in front of her, Ophelia had lost her appetite in anticipation of the scheming she and Draco would do tonight. So instead of devouring the potatoes and turkey, she stuck to her non-alcoholic mulled wine, which was still poured from the same punch bowl as the alcoholic kind. The steins that the students used were bewitched with spells so that students couldn't sneak in any underaged drinking on the school grounds. Unfortunately, a few of the older Slytherin students found out the hard way when they pulled out an entire bottle of firewhiskey in the middle of the commons in front of Ophelia and Lorelei while helping the younger student study for her upcoming Potions test. Ophelia had to usher the first year back to her dorm while they were pouring it around. Just as she was putting away her books, Ophelia saw the empty bottle tossed onto the ground in anger when they discovered their alcohol was transformed into a spicy ginger tea inside the bewitched steins they had stolen from the kitchen. They couldn't get the burning sensation off of their tongues for days. A bit of karma, Ophelia supposed.

The young girl scanned the room, taking in the merriment and warmth surrounding her. Ophelia was surprised at how organized the feast and holiday break was. She supposed it had been a tradition for years, and they had the time to refine it and make it perfect for all the students who didn't want to or couldn't go home for the holidays. Ophelia couldn't tell where most of the warmth was coming from: the blazing hearths that filled the room with their comforting flames, the smiling faces, or Draco's burning cheeks whenever he glanced at her. It was hard not to notice; he whipped his face forwards or towards Goyle, who was on his right, every time she moved. She could be reaching for another dinner roll or placing her hand on the table while talking to someone else. He was cute when he was jumpy. Although, that wasn't the only feeling she got from Draco.