ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧/𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚.⋆ ☽

Ophelia flipped through the pages of her book, finding it hard to focus when the incessant yelling emitted from the wizards' chessboard Crabbe and Goyle were playing on. Every now and then she would look up and see a pawn or two get crumbled by the other's knight or king. Goyle was stuck on a move, unsure of where to move it, every now and then lifting his hand as if he was going to finally make a move, but removed it once he doubted himself.

"Knight to B2." Ophelia suggested, and Goyle beamed widely as he watched his white knight smash another one of Crabbe's towers. Just as Crabbe was about to blow up, Draco burst into the room in a frightened hurry.

"Ophelia!" He called. Ophelia raised her hand from behind her book, before pointing at an illustration and showing it to Pansy, who tittered sharply at its hideous manner.

"I need to talk to you," Draco said, jogging half-heartedly towards her edge of the couch.

"Can't you tell me here?" Ophelia queried.

"Well..." Draco started but quieted down when Ophelia tilted her head towards Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle who were all staring at him inquisitively, their magazines and chess game quickly forgotten about. Draco reluctantly obliged, taking a seat on the couch opposite to the two girls.

"I just saw Potter at the scene of the crime." 

"What do you mean, Drakey?" Pansy said, buttering her words so thoroughly her voice was two times as high as it usually was when he was around. Ophelia and Draco both cringed internally.

"This time it was Fletchley, you know, the mudblood he was talking to? And that ghost, the one with the floppy head. They were his victims." Draco said excitedly.

"Nearly-Headless Nick?" Ophelia suggested.

"Yes! Him. He looked dead. Well, not dead. I don't think you can die twice. He was just, lifeless, I guess. He was floating around in this cloud of black smoke and seemingly solid. Potter poked him and the ghost bounced against the wall. Fletchley was just lying on the ground, motionless and utterly pale."

"Do you think Harrry did it?" Ophelia asked, pursing her lips and crossing her legs pensively.

"Well, he denied it, but McGonagall said that it was out of her hands." Draco shrugged his shoulders, nabbing one of the Every Flavour Jellybeans from Crabbe's stash that he kept in his satchel.

"You mean you were eavesdropping?" Pansy pointed out. Ophelia nodded in agreement.

"I was coming back here, and I almost got caught. I hid until it was safe and the squib was done cleaning the evidence up, then I ran back here to tell you."

"What happened to Harry?" Ophelia probed, looking for more information.

"McGonagall whisked him away. I have no clue where they went. Her office, maybe?" Draco replied, spitting out one of the beans he chewed into a napkin he found.

"Dumbledore, probably." Ophelia said as she stuffed her book into her satchel, standing up before slinging the strap across her chest. The five of them murmured agreements, nodding and sharing glances before retreating to bed.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚.⋆ ☽

It was the day before the beginning of the break, and it had been two weeks since the incident with Fletchley and Nearly-Headless Nick. Much to Harry's dismay, Draco had done a fine job of spreading the news of Harry's latest victims so inconspicuously that he couldn't even trace it back to Draco. It seemed no one was going to forget about it. Well, how could they? The Weasley Twins marched through the halls, escorting Harry through the crowds of students with trunks as they exited the castle, yelling:

"Make way for the Heir of Slytherin! A seriously evil wizard coming through..."

And other miscellaneous chants like those. And still, it scared people stiff. Although Ophelia was humoured by the twin's antics, there was still an unresolved feeling lingering in her belly every time she crossed paths with the infamous Gryffindor boy. The only thing that let her mind stray away from Harry was the holiday break. Unfortunately, her parents would be gone from home this holiday, and wouldn't be able to spend the holiday with their daughter, and deeming it unsafe for her to stay home alone. After a few inquisitive and demanding letters, Ophelia got a sliver of information out of her father. Her mother had found something in the last few letters she received from her mother after scanning over them ruthlessly and wanted to naively chase something that was most likely going to turn out fruitless, but she still wanted to try. Her father caved, of course, knowing how much her mother meant to her. He said that he wouldn't tell her anymore, as to "not worry you, we promise we will be safe and I will take care of your mother for you." So now she was stuck at Hogwarts for Christmas, without her parents and desperately awaiting every new letter she received from them.

Upon hearing her distress, Draco managed to weasel his way out of coming home for Christmas. He offered to host her at his home, but she declined, it wouldn't be the same. He obliged and decided to stay with her, though it was mostly because he was deeply fascinated by Harry's mishaps, and didn't want to risk missing anything. Though, Ophelia was grateful. And hopefully, the two could finally get some time alone and devise their plan to get Harry to confess.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚.⋆ ☽

Author's Note: someone tell me to stop writing it's fucking midnight and i have school tomorrow i hate this omg please anyways chill i got an 85 on my bio test that i barely studied for go me WOOOOO

anyways i love you all and i hope you enjoyed this chapter yay!!

p.s. ive decided im going to sleep now :,)