ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧/𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

"𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫?"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"It's a pity they let old punishments die," Said Filch, turning his grimy face back to the five first-years, leading them to an iron-wrought gate that led to the back of the castle grounds. He turned his back to the students and fiddled with a ring of keys, echoing in the empty courtyard. Swinging the door open, the caretaker shuffled to the side and let the students pass, grinning at them maniacally as they trudged down the dirt-ridden path.

"There was a time when detention found you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons." Filch called after the students, hustling them further along the path. Ophelia bit her lip and kept her eyes locked on her boots, desperately trying to keep her supper where it was supposed to be. She felt a tight hand on her upper arm, and when she turned, she met Draco's bright grey eyes.

"God, I miss the screaming." Hearing a sharp intake of breath from her blonde companion, Ophelia squeezed Draco's arm tighter and began to walk faster. Approaching the top of the hill, the five children stared into auburn flames stoked by a dismal-looking Hagrid. Looking up from the fire, Hagrid reached for his crossbow and slung it across his back, and stood up, towering over the coming students. Filch smiled a toothy grin, baring his rotting teeth lined with browning plaque and cavities.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight." Ophelia turned to Hagrid, who wiped a quick few tears away from his patchy cheeks and sniffled quietly. Filch's smile quickly turned, and groaned,

"God man, you're not still going on about that dragon, are you?" Hagrid shook his head and turned to Harry and said weakly,

"Norbert's gone." Ophelia frowned and shared a frustrated glance with Draco.

"Pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest. You'll need your wits about." Draco's head shot up, eyes practically bulging out of his head as he spat out his following words in rapid-fire.

"The forest?! I thought that was a joke," He continued, "We can't go in there, there's–"

He was quickly interrupted by a loud, shrill howling that emerged from the shadowed trees and branches. Ophelia reached for Draco's hand but pulled back immediately when she realized what she was doing.

"Werewolves." The boy Slytherin audibly gulped. Filch sneered and laughed.

"There's much worse than that." The caretaker spoke as he turned back to the castle. Draco whimpered again, and Ophelia clutched onto her friend's arm for comfort. Harry, Hermione, and Ron all trudged past the two Slytherins, following in the footsteps of Hagrid as he entered the forest.