ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔒𝔫𝔢

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞/𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☽

It was only the first day of term, and yet there were hundreds of multicoloured owls and birds swooping in to deliver the first letters and packages of the year. Usually, from what she could see, it was items and objects that students had forgotten to bring, and their loving parents had sent the forgotten things to them, most times without a letter. They probably thought that the package was enough. Ophelia's parents had sent yet another letter to her, congratulating her on arriving safely and telling her how much they miss her, remarkably similar to the one she received last year, besides the commending on her housing.

Last night she tried to get enough sleep, but yes, Pansy was rooming with Ophelia again, determined to ruin the girl's sleep schedule by her raucous snores as Ophelia predicted. Just as she was about to fall asleep, face down in her oatmeal, Professor Snape snapped a piece of parchment down onto the table in front of her, paused for a moment, then placed another piece on top of it. There, on the parchment, intricately written, was Draco's schedule for the first semester, the same as all Slytherin second years received, and the table erupted with excited cheers and dejected mumbling as students figured out what classes they had with which houses. 

Ophelia stirred her oatmeal gently with her spoon, flicking at the fresh berries that smelled so fresh she thought her mother had gotten a position at Hogwarts and provided them with buckets of her freshly grown fruit from their backyard. She knew it was impossible; her mother had a job of her own, one that she didn't talk much about. Maybe Ophelia was only thinking of this far-fetched idea because she was homesick. Homesickness was expected this time of year for many students, especially new ones, and Ophelia was not an exception. She stared into the bowl of oatmeal and reminisced on the hundreds of bowls that she had over the summer, each morning before she and her mother went into town for a girls trip. Her mother mostly used that time for groceries, checklists for upcoming events that her parents needed to attend, and sometimes new clothes for Ophelia. She had grown over the summer, just about 4 centimetres, and she was incredibly proud of it, crossing her fingers each night. She hoped to be taller than Draco for just a little more. Unsurprisingly, Draco had grown as well, a whopping 10 centimetres and now stood at 5'6". Ophelia was 5'2", and it frustrated her to no end. He poked fun of her when they met again in Diagon Alley, but they laughed it off.